We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

KNK or Roland GS-24 - Melbourne Australia

I have a dodgy reproduction USCutter at the moment and it's the second machine I've gone through. This one has been awful, random cuts, rough edges etc. I wanna throw it out the window.

I've been looking at the Roland for some time now and always wanted something good quality. However the fact it doesn't talk direct to MTC worries me as it's approx $2000 (AUS) so a lot of money..

Please help I'm in 3 minds and have decided to check out the KNK series and do some research, feedback would be great as the KNK from what I can see is half the price of the Roland.

Any feedback would be awesome

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,653
    edited August 8
    What material do you cut width material do you cut and how much cutting do you do ?

You name suggest vinyl Decals ?

The only KNK machine the is still on sale new that MTC support is the KNK MAX Air

The New KNK Zing Orbit require SCAL
    The KNK Force has a Inbuilt cutting control software that will cut svg files or you can use SCAL

I know learning software is not something that many like doing maybe it time to look at other option if that other option alowed SVG import that would still leave you to be able to fall back to MTC to do things the MTC excels at
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • sandyjsandyj Member Posts: 821
    If you are doing vinyl, go with the roland.  It's what it does best. I'm getting the same machine shortly. I know folks still love mtc, but the computer world is moving on and its not.  You really should consider learning new software while mtc still works, rather than in a panic after its too late.
    Just MY opinion, your milage will vary. Like "Andy" but with an "S"