We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Sizzix Eclips Laser problems

JoybirdJoybird Member Posts: 2
When I run the laser preview, it will only show the laser on a portion of the mat, about 5 inches on the right. Everything on the left the laser quits, and of course if I try to cut, the cutting stops where the laser stops. Has anyone had this same issue?

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,925
    I don't really know but it sounds like the data ribbon cable that connects to the carriage and carries the power for the laser might have a break in it so when the carriage is at the position where this break flexes the power to the laser is lost
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • JoybirdJoybird Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply...I will check that possibility. Meanwhile, I called Sizzix and they tell me they think it is a motherboard problem and of course they don't repair the first model anymore and they can offer me a 'wonderful' $50.00 discount on the next model. I know when I had a question before about this model, they were so anxious to push me into buying the next model that I barely could ask the questions before they pronounced it as a motherboard error. Unfortunately I actually own 3 of these....the second just blinks when turned on, and they say it too is a motherboard problem. The third one I have in another state and it didn't work when I pulled it out....but I think it was a cable problem. Gee...so far I have a 66% failure rate on this product! Sorry for the rant. Just very disappointed in this outcome and now I will look ing Cricut Air when I can afford to replace it.

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,925
    I not sure the eclips was every consider a repairable item I think the failure rate was quite high

I not sure if you intending to use make the cut . Just to let you know make the cut does not support cutting to any cricut actually the only option for cricut is their own cloud based application which going by online chatter the recently released version is having some issues .
    Also as MTC has not been update for some time the choice of fully supported machines that are still sold as new is getting quite limited

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,138
    Going from an Eclips to ANY Cricut is not moving forward. PLEASE look at all of the available cutters currently on the market and don't make another mistake again.
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,400
    edited August 10
    @Joybird, you can start by simply asking folks on this forum what cutters they are using.  For instance, I own an original KNK Zing.  I don't do much cutting so it meets my needs.  I did not upgrade to the Zing Air or any of their newer machines, such as the Zing Orbit or the Force.  Others can tell you about those.  The Zing and Zing Air have a 14 inch cutting area, use a laser and 3-step registration for Print and Cut and have versatile tool holding capability so you are not confined to tools that come from KNK.  If you decide you want a tool that they don't offer, in most cases you can purchase it from a different company and still use it in your Zing.  The Zing and Zing Air work with Make-The-Cut and Sure-Cuts-A-Lot.  Which you use is up to you.  I have used Make-The-Cut with my Zing since the day I got the machine.  MTC is now suffering from several years with no updates or new cutters added to the compatibility list.  But, in its defense, it is really good for designers because it is an easy to use vector drawing program that can export in several formats, including SVG.  It also has outstanding tracing routines so you can import a picture you find online or print it and import it into MTC with a scanner.  And the MTC users have uploaded, to the MTC gallery, something like 15,000 cutting files which are free for anyone who owns MTC.

BTW, there is a Facebook group that has listings of all kinds of used cutters that people want to sell at reasonable prices.  In some cases they have upgraded and no longer need their old equipment, or perhaps they purchased a "whiz bang" new cutter but found it didn't suit their needs, so they feel they should sell it and get something different.  The name of the group is Used Craft Cutters for Sale.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/387448384793419/