We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Registration key

newMamawnewMamaw Member Posts: 173
Hi, I purchased MTC years ago for a Windows PC. I now own a Mac and want to get back into paper cutting. I see that there is a version for the MacBook. Can I exchange my registration key for a Mac registration key?

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,653
    Your current registration key will work on the mac version
    note: the the mac version is only compatible with the knk cutter excluding the knk zing orbit and knk force
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,978
    Your current registration key will work on the mac version
    note: the the mac version is only compatible with the knk cutter excluding the knk zing orbit and knk force
    Two notes to add, it also works with other cittern that can use the KNK plugin which means the older Black Cat Cougar and the Silver Bullets. The second note is that the "Mac Version" is not a "true" Mac OS program. It is a PC version being ported to the Mac platform under a PC  emulation program known as Wine. The Mac installation installs the Wine program and MTC. (You also need to make sure to follow the install directions exactly.) Because it is not a true Mac program, some Mac users don't like it. One issue they have is it does not use Mac short cut keys for example, but the same PC ones.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)