We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

MTC and Graphtec 6000 -- HELP PLEASE!

miresthimiresthi Member Posts: 6
edited August 4 in Help for Make The Cut
So, I have had my Graphtec for several months.  Have cut fine from MTC to it with no problems, using the directions located in this thread:
http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/39947/mtc-and-graphtec-plotters

Last week I went on vacation.  I cut a few shirt projects before I left.  This week I'm back and have several LARGE orders to do and...guess what? For some reason, when I go to "Print" to the Graphtec from MTC, NOTHING happens.  It doesn't open up the controller or anything.  I have rebooted everything, redone the settings multiple times, everything else I can think of...NOTHING. 

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Edited to add: I have NO IDEA why this is posting in the "Wishlist" section...I've tried to change it and I can't.  It should be in the HELP section.

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,462
    edited August 5
    @miresthi - try unplugging cutter, powering off computer. Power on computer, plug cutter in. Does it do the handshake with Windows, ie it is recognized.

To change the category, click the Options icon at the top right of the post title, and edit your title. It got there because you chose it, whether you remember that or not :).
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,151
    Did you get it sorted or do you need more help?
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • miresthimiresthi Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the help everyone. Liz: the cutter is recognized. But the print command in MTC no longer opens the graphtec controller so I can go ahead and print, with the Graphtec cutter as the "printer". Last night I ended up exporting my cutter files from MTC to .EPS files, then opened them in Graphtec studio software and cut them that way. I should have been learning Graphtec Studio all along, but have gotten so proficient at MTC, I didn't take the time to learn something new and have just been using MTC because it is familiar and I can make it do what I need quickly. Today, Graphtec Studio won't open! Makes me wonder if I somehow got hacked... Some evil hacker is delighting in keeping me from being able to get my work done... Nah, probably not. But I don't know why all my cutting programs are revolting right now. Also, I went to the settings icon for this thread to edit it to change what section it is in, but I don't see any option to do that when I try to edit. I can change the thread title, etc. but I don't see an option for where in the forums to place the thread. Apparently my default is "Wishlist" because I didn't choose it at any point. ??? I feel like a computer flunky! I really am pretty computer literate...I don't know why everything is giving me trouble all of a sudden.
    Here's what I see when I try to edit the thread:

I don't see where I get an option to choose the forum section.  
    ??? Missing it....

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,806
    Are you able to bring up the Print Setup window in MTC and is your cutter displayed in the printer title or is it able to be selected in the drop down
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    Crazy_Mr_Zing: Yes.  It sees the plotter as a "printer." It is selectable.  The print settings are all as prescribed in the thread I cited above.  It has worked for me for several months using those settings.  

Right now I am trying to update my driver and firmware for the plotter.  Having nothing but technical difficulty doing so, and regretting trying to do this because none of these files is new since I originally installed them, but someone on a Graphtec forum thought either one could have become corrupted and I should reinstall.  Maybe so, but...I can't get the firmware to update, so now the whole kit-n-kaboodle is REALLY out of commission.  I'm seeing a call to my Graphtec service guy in the near future...
    <sigh>
    I guess the other option is reinstall MTC
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @miresthi @Liz_A ;  It would appear the a little bug the appear occasionally when you click New Discussion button the Category Selection is totally missing from the screen, even when you attempt to edit the discussion it is still is not there