We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help with Node Editing [Resolved]

Sheri_in_TXSheri_in_TX Member Posts: 559
edited August 2 in Resolved Issues
I haven't been here in a really long time.  Guess I've been able to do everything I need to do without a problem.  Now, I'm having an issue in node editing and I'm sure it's been covered somewhere, but I can't find it.  Can someone either answer my question or point me to the webinars/tutorials where I can find an answer?

I have a single shape (small cursive letter "a") where the top of the loop does not connect.  Right now they overlap.  It will not weld together.  I'm sure there is a way to join the overlap.  Can someone help?

I'll take a screenshot and attach it to the post.  
Thanks! Sheri Lynx devours Cricut. Film at 11:00. (The opinions expressed herein are mine alone and are not endorsed by or supported by the owners, authors or editors of this board. My opinion has not been coerced, bought or paid for by any person(s) or entity(ies). In other words, you got a problem with something I say, take it up with me, no one else!)
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,925
    edited August 2
    what font is that?

I recall this issue being covered but can't remember where
    maybe this video will give you some pointer on node editing

Make the Cut Software -Node Surgery Tutorial

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Sheri_in_TXSheri_in_TX Member Posts: 559
    Thank you!  The font is called akaDora.  I'll watch this and I'm sure it will answer my questions.  I really appreciate the help.  

Thanks! Sheri Lynx devours Cricut. Film at 11:00. (The opinions expressed herein are mine alone and are not endorsed by or supported by the owners, authors or editors of this board. My opinion has not been coerced, bought or paid for by any person(s) or entity(ies). In other words, you got a problem with something I say, take it up with me, no one else!)
  • Sheri_in_TXSheri_in_TX Member Posts: 559
    PERFECT!!!  Thanks Mr. Zing!
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,925
    Now If I recall correctly if the issue is with overlapping sections of the same letter you edit the nodes
    But to overcome this issue which overlapping parts on another letter you can select split by glyphs in the text windows then they should weld properly
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • jesprattjespratt Member Posts: 51
    Another way to fix it is to use the inverse eraser to fill in the gap.