We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Need information on getting my program back [Resolved]

AidensgrandmaAidensgrandma Member Posts: 8
edited July 31 in Resolved Issues
OK - had to bite the bullet and got an upgrade to a MS 10. Evidently - I lost my MTC in the process.  Did I mention that I am 71 and change is ummmm hard. How do I go about getting my original number back???! I also have to put MTC on my laptop as I want to take my laptop to a Christmas show - would it just be better to buy it all over again and do I need to buy 2 of them? Help!
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• AidensgrandmaAidensgrandma Member Posts: 8
    OMG - I now have the MS 10!!!  Can I use MTC on the MS10???
  • Mary212Mary212 Member Posts: 1,503
    Hi @Aidensgrandma.   Can't help with your question because I am running on Vista still.   Am afraid my pc will bite the dust one of these days, and I am not looking forward to changing over to Windows 10 either.  I will be 76 next month and it seems to take waaaay longer to learn new things, or to remember old things either.  LOLOLO. But I keep trying anyway.  I am trying to get up to speed with MTC still.  It's fun trying anyway. 

I am sure someone will come along that can help you before too long.  Good lucck.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,653
    @Aidensgrandma You can recovery you registration key using this link https://make-the-cut.com/LostRegKey.aspx
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,978
    First, let's clarify one main thing - what cutter are you using MTC with? If it's an older Cricut cutter and you had an older version of MTC you were using, then "getting MTC back" is not as simple as if you are using a different cutter.  if we are talking a cricut cutter and an old version of MTC, you would have needed to have that backed up to reinstall as it can no longer be obtained. If a different cutter, simple enough to downloaded the last version of MTC and install to the computer. Make sure you also download and install the "cutter plug-in" for your specific cutter.

As Crazy_Mr_Zing noted, you can request your registration key if you have lost it through the link he provided above. However, note you must have access to the email that it was purchased through originally as that is what it's going to look at and resend to. If you do 't have that email any longer, you would need to log a support ticket with MTC and provide them the info, to find the old registration and send it to your newer email address.

You can have multiple copies of MTC  on different computers that you own. The EULA does state that you should only be running one of them at a time however.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    Thank goodness I switched over to a Cameo Silhouette years ago and have been happy with my decision... I actually thought the techs at Staples were saving my MTC to be transferred to the 10, but it didn't happen. I did save the MTC files (if only I could figure out how to access it now... lol)  I do not have my original e-mail address so my just bite the bullet and buy the software again - Lord knows I made plenty of $$$ with the first one... My question on the downloading it to the MS10 is something I read when starting to download the software - it said it was for the 7 and the 8 - no mention of the 10...
    edited July 29
    @Aidensgrandma ;  if you don't have access to the old email create a support ticket and provide that old email and your name you registered with and also your new email and support should be able to provide you with your reg code
    http://make-the-cut.com/support/

The website hasn't been update for quite a while Make the Cut works fine on windows 10
    there was an issue with computer the had High resolution displays this caused the buttons and icon on MTC to be supper tiny but Microsoft has finally provided a solution
    I believe these display are on higher spec computers

Why not download and install MTC and check it working fine in demo mode
    http://make-the-cut.com/Download.aspx
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    I'll try. I am day one into this MS10 and I'm struggling with it .  I'm used to the 7 and this isn't as fast... :( I went to download the MTC and it just goes 'round and 'round with no download. Will go back and try again...
    edited July 30
    The MTC webpage has been having a few issue lately

Sandy also Hosts the MTC install files but you will need the plugin from MTC.com

http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/Software/Make-The-Cut/MTC-Windows/
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,367
    The webpage(s) appear to be fine at this time.
  • tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 151
    @Aidensgrandma - You are having a good help here. Just a comment about learning something different with your age. My grandfather once told me “if you have some free time read a book. One day you’ll have plenty of time to do nothing.” MTC is not an easy software. I put a student in front of MTC and I said: do something! Too much complains, a poor performance and a bad result. So, if you learned how to use MTC you can learn anything else. I think that you are doing great with your Windows 10.

I kept trying different sites and was finally able to get the download for MTC. I started using the software years ago when it first came out and we had lots of help at the time... I had the Cricut but switched when I saw the writing on the wall to the Silhouette Cameo and never looked back... Thanks for all the help and information everybody. I bought a laptop and updated my PC to MS10 to join the rest of the world. This holiday season, I plan taking my laptop and Cameo to the shows to be able to personalize things (ceramic ornaments, Christmas stockings, Santa Sacks etc.) I've had to take orders and then mail these items in the past but know I will be able to sell more with being able to make them on the spot...  Oh shoot - I guess I'll need to take my press too or maybe just my iron... lol Sometimes my brain goes too fast for my fingers...  I'll keep checking back here to see what all ya'll are doing. Bye for now...