We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Transfer Tapes... There are soo many

Delta1SevenDelta1Seven Member Posts: 1
edited July 27 in General
So I'm still pretty new to the vinyl cutting world... I've learned a lot in the past few weeks since I bought my cutter. 

I guess I made the mistake of picking up a 100' roll of Vinyl Ease 12" x 100' Roll Clear Application because that stuff is WAY too sticky. I'm using Oracal 651 vinyl and it works ok on larger decals, but anything small (like text only 1" tall) it doesn't release too easily. It also leaves residue on the vinyl which is a nightmare to remove.

Can I get any recommendations on good transfer tape for Oracal 651 that isn't too sticky? I need it to easily transfer small decals and text (like 1" tall text). And also won't leave residue on the vinyl if it's been applied for too long. (I recently went to the craft store and picked up a small roll of the Cricut brand Transfer Tape and I like the tackiness, but it's somewhat expensive and sold in smaller rolls)

Also, I looked at previous posts about choosing the right vinyl, and they all are older posts and are kinda vaige... I want to make sure the tape I buy will work specifically for my use.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments