We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Vinyl-curly letters peel off

cuteboycuteboy Member Posts: 1
Can anyone tell me what settings you are using on a Zing to cut the vinyl that Glittery Ladybug ordered for forum members (http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/38752/vinyl-buy/p1)? This is my first time using vinyl. It cuts fine with straight letters and a simple flower but when I try to do curly letters (about 3/4" high), they peel off the backing as they are cut. The settings I'm using are Speed 9/10, Force 5, Offset .35.

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,806
    You don't mention what machine your using also are you using the mat

one reason for vinyl lifting is having to much blade exposed as it tends to push the backing away for the vinyl
    your blade should be exposed just enough to penetrate the top layer

I have a Zing Air

The method I use is put some of the vinyl on a flat surface ( i use a self healing mat) set you blade exposure so it barely visible
    hold the blade holder in your hand and keeping it as vertical as you can cut a small shape in the vinyl
    if it cuts through the top layer peel it of and check the the backing sheet is no cut a slight scratch its ok
     I try to get the setting to there just and indentation from the blade in the backing sheet
    any more the a scratch reduce the blade exposure
    use slightly firm pressure
    it take a little practice to judge the pressure
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files