We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Windows 10 / Convert MTC to SVG

windstormfkwindstormfk Member Posts: 2
Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing MTC but I want to make an informed decision.

1. Will MTC run on Windows 10?
2. Will MTC convert an MTC file to an SVG file which can than be uploaded into the Cricut Design Space?

Thank you,
Belinda

Comments

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,320
    edited July 18
    Yes to both. I suggest you download the demo before purchase. Once you purchase MTC then you can export as svg. But at least you can take MTC for a test run before you purchase.
  • windstormfkwindstormfk Member Posts: 2
    Thank you! I didn't realize that there was a demo!
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,978
    Note, you can not export out to SVG or other formats in the demo mode however. As Leslie said, it's only once it is purchased. There are other limits in demo mode as wel. When you download and install MTC, it runs in "demo" mode until you put in the purchased "key" to activate it.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,367
    @windstormfk - note that with the DEMO version of MTC (which is the same program without a registration key as the full program with a registration key) you won't be able to print or export as SVG or any other file type, nor use any of the files in the MTC Gallery, as these are disabled. Once the registration key is entered, those conditions are removed.

Do you create your own designs? If you currently do not own MTC, would the MTC files that you want to convert to SVG belong to some other artist - ie you purchased them? Please do realize that you cannot upload any other person's work to the Cricut Design Space website without their prior written permission. Most terms of use absolutely forbid that. 
  • juliefesjuliefes Member Posts: 4,826
    If size is important, resize to 80% prior to exporting to SVG, and the SVG will import into Design Space at the perfect size.