We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Microsoft fixes tiny icon issue that affected Make The Cut!

Comments

• PennyPenny Member Posts: 2,129
    Thank you @Liz_A.
    Penny in Albuquerque, NM "Not all those who wander are lost." - R.R. Tolkien
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,991
    @Penny - You are most welcome!
    I have my Windows 10 set so that it does not ask me about updates, it does not automatically download nor install updates. It only does when I initiate the process.

I did not have the Creator Update, I have just applied it, and can confirm that the changes as noted by @happypolkadotlife are incorporated into the April Windows 10 Creator Update. =)

Hope that helps someone!
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 3,326
    edited July 2017
    As I have very limited bandwidth on my internet connection so if MS release large update that can use most of my monthly data

I use a app called WSUS Offline Update
    it downloads the updates and packages them so they can be applied to multiple PC's
    I make use of free wifi hotspots with this app to download the updates luckily I have a few that have fast speeds and no data limit
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @tuicarlos - my Windows 10 machine has updates totally disabled in its settings, I went to great lengths to find the right combination of things turned off to make it so. Updates only happen when I choose them. I work in the technology field and am very well aware of what and when updates are released by Microsoft. =)

And internet is already more essential than power...cause when the power goes out at least you can use your cell phone to find out when its coming back, LOL!
    @tuicarlos - I never once said I was against updates. I said I prefer to apply updates when I want to, after the rest of the world has been the guinea pigs, and fixes to the fixes have been released. Microsoft was way too aggressive with how Windows was managing updates, and the world shouted Stop! So eventually they listened. Allowing user to put off the updates for up to 3 times is reasonable, just like we allow users 14 days to change their password or it expires. When technology gets in the way it is bad technology. Having your computer shut down to apply an update when you are in the middle of a PowerPoint presentation in front of hundreds of people who paid to see it is not convenient. Case closed. =)

PS I can power my cellphone using the sun.
    @tuicarlos - let's just put it this way. I don't use the interface you have so kindly provided screen shots of. I only deal at the Administration level of Windows of any version, and not with the average user interface.

I am also NOT addicted to my phone, I can actually go for a holiday and be completely without it and my car, if I choose. Sorry for those that cannot access sunlight to charge their phones, but that is not me and does not affect me. I can.

So just give it a rest, and you can sleep better knowing I have the most recent of Windows 10 updates, that I want. =)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!