We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Microsoft fixes tiny icon issue that affected Make The Cut!

Comments

• PennyPenny Member Posts: 2,028
    Thank you @Liz_A.
    Penny in Albuquerque, NM "Not all those who wander are lost." - R.R. Tolkien
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,419
    @Penny - You are most welcome!
  • tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 157
    I've been having this issue with my Surface Book that I just got, and FINALLY figured out a super easy fix for it! (running windows 10 with automatic updates)

1. Right click on the Make the cut icon. Select "Properties"
    2. Click on the "compatibility" tab.
    3. In the "settings" section, select the checkbox for "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling preformed by:"
    4. In the drop down menu right below the box, select "system".
    5. Click "apply" then "ok".
    6. start the program to see the changes.

This has been driving me nuts for the past 6 months, and I'm glad to finally have an update to it that doesn't involve going into all the computer IT type stuff to fix it  I hope this helps someone out there!

Thanks @happypolkadotlife - Looks like that you found the solution and we are all grateful for that. One more time… I love updates and this is because I always expect updates from the “creators".
    I have my Windows 10 set so that it does not ask me about updates, it does not automatically download nor install updates. It only does when I initiate the process.

I did not have the Creator Update, I have just applied it, and can confirm that the changes as noted by @happypolkadotlife are incorporated into the April Windows 10 Creator Update. =)

Hope that helps someone!
    @Liz_A - Automatic OS Update was a feature of Windows 10 Creators Update version, so this explain why you still can avoid automatic updates for your Windows. Also, if you’ve a Professional, Enterprise or Education version you still can chose to avoid automatic updates if you want to. Home users still have a workaround but for most of us this feature is a peace of mind and it’s because Microsoft made this mandatory. So, if you care about the safety and performance of your computer - whether you like or not - you should rethink about this. It should be a smart move. But, regardless of your decision not to stay up-to-date, you could check this out in your “Update history” because I believe that you already had some incorporated updates in background.

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,732
    edited July 10
    As I have very limited bandwidth on my internet connection so if MS release large update that can use most of my monthly data

I use a app called WSUS Offline Update
    it downloads the updates and packages them so they can be applied to multiple PC's
    I make use of free wifi hotspots with this app to download the updates luckily I have a few that have fast speeds and no data limit
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing - Sorry to hear about that my friend. We can’t imagine that happening to us and even listing here for you everything we do using the Internet. Maybe it would be easier to list everything we do without Internet. Won't be long before the Internet will be more essential than the electrical power. We are moving by the end of this year and we're already looking for a place where there's Internet projects of 1Gbps.

I know that it's not your case but just as an example ... There's nothing wrong with someone having a Cricut Expression, use MTC under Windows XP with 15Mbps Internet connection and do not want updates, if everything continues to work forever. The problem begins when one of the variables resolves to leave the scene. It's the same when we need to replace a video card in a very old computer. We need to replace the motherboard, power supply and probably the case too. This is because keeping up-to-date isn’t an option but a necessity.

@tuicarlos - my Windows 10 machine has updates totally disabled in its settings, I went to great lengths to find the right combination of things turned off to make it so. Updates only happen when I choose them. I work in the technology field and am very well aware of what and when updates are released by Microsoft. =)

And internet is already more essential than power...cause when the power goes out at least you can use your cell phone to find out when its coming back, LOL!
    edited July 10
    @Liz_A - I'm sorry but I don't believe it. If you really work with technology, you're the first person I know in this field that is against updates. This is unusual and you should then write a book with your ideas about because it could be very interesting. Just yesterday I had a dinner with an employee of IBM in my house and he told me details about Watson. If on the one hand it is worrying to know a machine the size of my kitchen and with a huge processing capacity has as main task to learn to be human, on the other I'm imagining it happen without updates. No way my friend!

About the Internet is more essential than electric power… sorry Liz… not yet. Think a little bit more about it! Like I said before ... maybe one day but not yet. You still need electricity to charge the battery of your cellphone. If you don’t have power in your cellphone, you don’t have nothing, neither Internet. Hai capito?

@tuicarlos - I never once said I was against updates. I said I prefer to apply updates when I want to, after the rest of the world has been the guinea pigs, and fixes to the fixes have been released. Microsoft was way too aggressive with how Windows was managing updates, and the world shouted Stop! So eventually they listened. Allowing user to put off the updates for up to 3 times is reasonable, just like we allow users 14 days to change their password or it expires. When technology gets in the way it is bad technology. Having your computer shut down to apply an update when you are in the middle of a PowerPoint presentation in front of hundreds of people who paid to see it is not convenient. Case closed. =)

PS I can power my cellphone using the sun.
    edited July 12
    Liz_A said:
    @tuicarlos - I never once said I was against updates. I said I prefer to apply updates when I want to, after the rest of the world has been the guinea pigs, and fixes to the fixes have been released. Microsoft was way too aggressive with how Windows was managing updates, and the world shouted Stop! So eventually they listened. Allowing user to put off the updates for up to 3 times is reasonable, just like we allow users 14 days to change their password or it expires. When technology gets in the way it is bad technology. Having your computer shut down to apply an update when you are in the middle of a PowerPoint presentation in front of hundreds of people who paid to see it is not convenient. Case closed. =)

PS I can power my cellphone using the sun.
    @Liz_A - I think you are not well informed as the updates are applied or you are using a very old version of Windows. The automatic download happens in background in a very discrete way. The installation process will always happen outside of your active hours window, predefined by you. So, you will never be interrupted by any updates if you set your active hours window up appropriately. Also you can choose the day you want to start the installation. Yes, you have the power of choice! If you need some help on this let us know so we can help you. See the screen shots below.

The technology makes life a little more complex but much more practical and productive.

About waiting the guinea pigs (rest of the world) I have another opinion a little more rational but, like I said before, if you have an opinion different of the rest of the world, it could be very interesting and you should write a book.

About ”the world shouted Stop!” I’ve no idea what are you talking about because I didn't and I don't know anybody who did it for this reason. LOL

About making a PowerPoint presentation to an audience of hundreds (100-900) of people, well it’s not your case neither mine and everybody knows that but for that super event I should suggest preparing the laptop before, I would use 2 laptops instead.

About charging your cellphone with sunlight, good for you but people of Norilsk, for example, does not have this privilege, not for three months per year, and you can't stay 12 hours without your cellphone, am I right? But I don't need to use this example or any other place in Russia. I live in Florida for little bit more than two years now and I never turned off the air conditioning because of the weather, even for a few minutes in the winter. Last month we had 19 consecutive days of rain and cloudy skies. So, I still disagree with you that Internet is more essential than electric power. Maybe one day but not yet my friend!

A suggestion: when you want to charge your cellphone without electric power, plug it into your car. Much easier!

@tuicarlos - let's just put it this way. I don't use the interface you have so kindly provided screen shots of. I only deal at the Administration level of Windows of any version, and not with the average user interface.

I am also NOT addicted to my phone, I can actually go for a holiday and be completely without it and my car, if I choose. Sorry for those that cannot access sunlight to charge their phones, but that is not me and does not affect me. I can.

So just give it a rest, and you can sleep better knowing I have the most recent of Windows 10 updates, that I want. =)
This discussion has been closed.