We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

What A Mess!

mitch5252mitch5252 Member Posts: 93
I know I've seen threads on this problem before, but for the life of me, I can't remember what the problem is "called", so I don't know what to search for! Don't remember this happening before.

I had the offset at .35. Got something like the pic. Changed offset to .45. Same problem. Just now (this pic), changed it to .30. First two instances, cut at 10 speed. This last time (with same results), set cut speed to 9. 

I have a Zing and I'm using the red blade. It's a pretty new blade. I changed it out just a couple of months ago, even though the last blade (original) didn't get a lot of use. Brand of vinyl is ASLAN? (I think I bought it when I first started)

Comments

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,317
    edited June 26
    It is not an issue of offset - the offset is blade dependent and for a given blade, you shouldn't be adjusting it - the offset determines the roundness of the corners. It is an issue with how much blade is exposed in the blade holder - no more than the thickness of the material. You need very little for vinyl and depending on your material - you should try manually test the blade exposure by running it over a double folded amount of material. For vinyl it should cut the vinyl but not thru to the backing.  I don't know what zing you have but for the original zing I would cut this at a slow speed - 9 is ok.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,605
    edited June 26
    well the is quite a disaster

I'm no expert but that does not appear to be an offset issue though it difficult to see the detail in the image for me

Check your blade exposure setting to much exposed blade tend to separate the vinyl from the backing sheet and this causes the vinyl to lift

Maybe check there not a small slither of material up inside the blade holder
    Cut some basic shapes check the blade is pivoting correctly

I use roland clone blades and the offset remains the same 0.25" with every blade it appears with KNK blades the offset can sometime varies between batches

Once determine the blade offset should not need altering for that blade
    probably the best what to determine the correct offset would be to cut some basic shapes and check the corner the user manual has some diagrams on blade offset

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • mitch5252mitch5252 Member Posts: 93
    Thanks. I'll reset the offset back to 35 and I'll bring the blade in a little more. 
  • BrendaSBrendaS Member Posts: 727
    Also check your force.  I believe the manual said that you can start with a force of 5 for vinyl and increase it if necessary.

Good luck
  • mitch5252mitch5252 Member Posts: 93
    FIVE? I'm at 70. Perhaps a different machine? 
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,317
    edited June 27
    For vinyl? Even htv siser shouldn't need to be cut at that high a force. Lower it to 10 and see if it cuts. More is not better and it looks like you are tearing it to shreds and the blade is lifting it off the backing.

• SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 6,990
    edited June 27
    (1) What model do you own?

(2) What blade height setting method do you use?  Not length... but height from the tip of the material to the material?

(3) Are you cutting with or without the mat?  Either is fine but the settings can change.

(4) What shape are you using for your initial test cut and how is that test cutting looking?
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Air
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    KNK / MTC Videos: http://bit.ly/1kmAcoO
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/