We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

issue with cuts not lining up Silhouette 3

athensguyathensguy Member Posts: 3
edited June 26 in Help for Make The Cut
I've been using MTC for about 4 years.  After replacing my old silhouette with the newest machine, my cuts never line up.  That is to say, when i place something on the cutting mat the machine does not cut it in the position - it's off about 1" on one axis and about 1/2 inch on the other axis.

Is there a way to calibrate MTC to fix this issue? 

note : this is not print and cut - just cutting htv - no registration marks 

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,995
    Welcome to the Make the Cut software support forum.  I see even though you have been using it for the past 4 years, you just joined today.  

Unfortunately, MTC has not had any updates or additions to cutter plugins in a long, long time.  This means that the MTC Silhouette plugin was not updated to ensure that it works with the newest, Silhouette Cameo 3 cutter.  To my knowledge, the only way to "adjust" for that would be to move your media over the 1" and 1/2" when adhering it on the mat.

It does not appear that there are going to be updated plugins or additions added to MTC.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • athensguyathensguy Member Posts: 3
    i actually joined 4 years ago and posted a few times, just couldnt recover into :(
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,046
    I cannot imagine a difference in MTC that would cause this.  So, let's get it figured out.  First off... can you repeat the problem to make sure it happens again, as you stated originally?  Then can you post a screenshot of your "Cut Project with" window?  And also post a photo of your main MTC window?
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Orbit
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    Over 90 free MTC videos: http://www.iloveknk.com/support/mtc-support/
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,995
    @SandyMcC - I don't know that it is a difference in MTC.  I think it is a difference in the new Cameo 3 machine from the older ones.  This is not the first person who has indicated that there was this "offset" change with the new version 3 cutter. As I understood it from those prior posts/users, it was a consistent offset every time you went to cut.  Not sure what they would have/could have changed to make the difference though.

The only other thing I can also recall to check is to make sure you have "use mat" or "use media" correctly set on the cutter. On the older cutters, that would shift the cutting position if you were using the mat but had it set to "use media."
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • athensguyathensguy Member Posts: 3
    Good Morning, yes it is a consistent offset.  It cuts about 1/2 inch too for towards the front of the mat and about 1.2" too far from the edge of the mat. I'm guessing it has something to do with the new carriage on the Sil 3 since it has a place to put two separate tools  (blade and pen for example).

I believe this carriage redesign has resulted in a need for an updated driver.  A shame the software has been abandoned. 

I had to upgrade from my old sil because my new computer had a conflict and the sil 2 stopped working.  My sil two works perfectly on other computers but not mine.  Research points to an issue with the type memory that I have being 'too fast' for the usb driver.  Way over my head but it was disappointing that when i built a new computer , the sil was a casualty. 
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,734
    First I don't have a silhouette but as you have calculated the offset would it not be possible to use the knife point cutting option and account for that offset when you position the start point
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files