We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Print and cut vinyl

CoppernobCoppernob Member Posts: 1
I,d like to make customised car stickers to stick on the inside of the window. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a suitable print and cut vinyl with the sticky side up?

Answers

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,605
    edited June 25
    I could be wrong and often am
    but I not sure how you would print on the adhesive side of vinyl would it not stick to the printer and I would imagine cutting would be a nightmare aswell

I was thinking you maybe could print reversed on printable clear vinyl the overlay the printed side (non stick side)  with a solid color vinyl 

edit: this is a little more tricky than I first thought as I can't think of how you would cut after you overlay the printing as the registration mark would be covered
    Maybe before you overlay cut the corner off  the  overlay vinyl so the registration marks remain uncovered

You would have to consider the fade resistance of the printing and also if the adhesive would endure the temperature

This is sort of the reverse of the method some use for standard stickers where they print of the solid color vinyl and overlay with clear

I could only for a video use a brother scan and cut but hopefully you can get and idea just imagine the printed sheet if the clear and the clear is the solid colour
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files