We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

directx9c - nothing to do with MTC -computer buffs only

Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,025
OK you computer whizzes - how do I get this function in Win10 to work-  It dropped off in an update and now some of my games wont work.  The dll's appear to be there but the programs don't see it and complain!!  Tried re-installing etc. and hit a brick wall.  If you know of a solution that will work I'd appreciate it.  You can email me or put it here if it's very simple.  Thanks - I like my 12 Labours games.  Sad but true.
Have fun, Di, ID 14610
UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
Feel free to use anything in these links.

Comments

• SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Member Posts: 1,103
    I'm not really a computer buff, but have you tried rolling back to the last point before the interrupted update via Backup and Restore?  Or uninstall and/or manually run the update.  You have probably tried these already, but I just wanted to throw them out there.  Good luck getting your games to functionality!

Loving MTC even more every day!
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,287
    A suggestion from the FB page, go here:

https://www.tenforums.com/sof.../80722-directx-problems.html

It has a link to the DirectX download page on Microsofts website, you can download the version you had previously. The new version of DirectX is not backwards compatible. Some of this week's Windows automatic updates are TERRIBLE!!! If you are prompted to update, delay it especially if you are using Outlook.