We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

software for Mac OS 10.6.8

sambikeartsambikeart Member Posts: 2
Hi Just bought a cameo 3and want to get started with it. I have an iMac with OS 10.6.8 I want to use as my primary machine with the cameo but I cannot find a version of Silhouette software that is comparable with OS 10.6.8....can anyone suggest what I can use?...is there an earlier version of silhouette software available (I asked Silhouette but got a reply saying that silhouette software works with systems after OS 10.7) or can I use any other software? (I'm not completely stuffed as I have a newer iMac  but that is not the one I use in my studio)...Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,978
    Welcome to the Make the Cut software support forum.  Make the Cut is a 3rd party software program that works with a variety of 3rd party cutters.  It has a plugin that works with the Original silhouette machines and the Original Cameos through version 2 I think.  However, that plugin was never updated to work with the new Cameo 3.  In addition, its Mac version is not a true Mac OS version but ports the Window version to the Mac using the Wine PC emulation program AND the Mac version DID NOT ever work with any of the Cameo machines.

There is a 3rd party software program called Sure Cuts A Lot or SCAL that I believe does work on a Mac and with the Cameo 3. It is produced by Craftedge. You can find their site here: http://craftedge.com

In regards to the actual Silhouette Programs and support/help with your question- there are a few users here who use both programs but it may take a while to get an answer if any here until someone who does stops in.  However, there are several Facebook groups designed to provide help with those cutters and their programs.  Further, there is one forum similar to this one that I am aware of.  It is not an official forum from Silhouette but a Users helping Users.  You can probably get the fastest and best help there if you don't do Facebook. You can find it here:http://s15.zetaboards.com/Silhouette_Plus/index/

Have you simply tried to download and install the Silhouette program on your Mac and see if it works?  Is there a reason you don't want to upgrade your OS beyond where you have it now? 

Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • SassyLady_LisaSassyLady_Lisa Member Posts: 1,105
    I don't have a Mac, but I've heard others say to download the last 3.whatever from the Beta/Legacy section on the downloads page.  hth
    Loving MTC even more every day!
  • sambikeartsambikeart Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the replies....I've tried installing the latest Silhouette software but it won't install, I can't upgrade my iMac to later operating systems. I have found an earlier version of the silhouette software, installed it but when opened it freezes....I'll probably stick with using my newer iMac and do my stencil cutting in my living room not in my studio...altgough I will investigate Crafted...once again Thanks

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,655
    Silhouette Appear to list legacy versions back to version V2.9.106 on this link
    https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software/legacy-software

Based on the release notes V3.8.070 was the first to offer CAMEO 3 compatibility and since then there has been quite a few bug fixes and/or improvements so installed non current version may cause you grief
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • gll5613gll5613 Member Posts: 26
    Mac OS 10.6 and earlier will not work with any version of Silhouette Studio published after the June 2015 critical security update.