We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

not cutting all the way through vinyl

trollnorsktrollnorsk Member Posts: 2
Hello! I am a newbie to my Silhouette Cameo 3 and am LOVING it! Sweet hubs surprised me with it.

I am having trouble with the vinyl actually cutting all the way through when I select it as the material to cut. It just scores it. I have changed the material setting to cardstock and it cuts through but I don't want to make this the norm. 

I also ran a test cut and it cut that just fine but then went to cut my design and it only scored it. 

I am using Studio V4 and the self adjusting blade with my Cameo.

Does anyone have any advice for me?  Thank you!

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,370
    @trollnorsk - have you adjusted the blade tip exposure?
  • tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 151
    @trollnorsk - You are free to create your own material what means that you can have a very custom configuration for the job you want but by default in Simple, Line, Fill or Layer you’ve the same options: Cut, Score and Sketch but you still can change the configuration individually for Thickness for example. Make sure that in Action you have chosen Cut, as you can see below.

On the V4.1 “Thickness” will be renamed to “Force”.

• trollnorsktrollnorsk Member Posts: 2
    @Liz_A- I do not know how to do that...
    @tuicarlos - Should that be necessary to cut vinyl? It is weird that it worked on the test cut but not when I actually went to cut the design. I do know that the Action CUT was chosen. 
    Thank you for your help!

• tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 151
    edited June 16
    @trollnorsk - In my opinion, the exposition adjustment of the blade has nothing to do with what you said that is happening: Cutting in Test but scoring in Send. It doesn’t make any sense if you have continued dashes (score) as a result. However, keep in mind that in Test always will be cut a small square with a triangle inside as a shape, even if you are testing a scored job.

A screen shot would help us better identify the problem. Choose cutting by Line and post here a screen shot of the Send section. If you’re using Designer Edition or higher post here also a screen shot of the layers' list. Thanks!

Post edited by tuicarlos on