We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

print and cut

RoseyRitaRoseyRita Member Posts: 58
I have a video controller that I want to print and cut, however not sure where I went wrong because it not only cut out the controller but all the individual buttons that were on it. How do I cut it out without all the buttons cutting individually? Thank you.

Answers

• linsayscrapslinsayscraps Member Posts: 395
    If the picture is not a texture I would make a shadow blackout of the controller put on a separate layer and make sure it is colored white. Then print both layers and then when cutting close the controller layer and only show the white shadow layer and cut around that.
    Linsay from New Zealand - Just Loving my Zing
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,648
    often it help us help you if you attach the mtc file your working with

But try selecting all and then doing a texture snapshot
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,362
    @RoseyRita - here is how you would do that. I assume you are using a cutter with MTC that will put registration marks on the page.

1. Add your image to the mat.
    2. Make a shadow layer to the image. This should only be very tiny, eg 0.01and you make it's colour white.
    3. On a new layer which you will put at the bottom of the list of layers, add a little mark about 1/4 inch at the top left of your image (use the pencil icon tool), and one on the bottom right of the image. Ensure the marks extend slightly to the left and top and then bottom and right of the image on the mat.
    4. Print with all the layers showing and including the registration marks made by MTC - so the image layer, the shadow layer and the bottom layer with the little marks. Now hide the image layer, and just cut the other two layers, shadow layer and the little marks layer.

Ask questions if you have any!
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 7,007
    If you use @Crazy_Mr_Zing's suggestion, which is the way I typically handle this situation, I recommend making a backup copy first.  The easiest way to do that is to right click on the Page tab and select Duplicate. That will create a new page with all of the same content. Then you can apply the Texture Snapshot to your design and still have the backup in case you need to go back and modify anything in the original design.  
    Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Air
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    KNK / MTC Videos: http://bit.ly/1kmAcoO
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
  • RoseyRitaRoseyRita Member Posts: 58
    Thank you all for your input I will try this and see how successful I am. I am a bit challenged when it comes to this technical stuff and in regards to your comment Mr. Zing about sending the mtc file, I tired but I couldn't figure out how to attach the picture as it was an image I copied into pixel trace. I appreciate all your help.