We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Flying with Cutting Machine

luvyabyeluvyabye Member Posts: 3
Has anyone ever flown (for me it's overseas) with their cutting machine?  If so, how does one go about packing for safe travel so it will arrive undamaged?

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,350
    @luvyabye - make sure to remove the blade holder along with the blades. Pack them in your checked baggage. Ensure that the blade assembly is stabilized so that it does not move while being transported, and that nothing can go up or down. Pack it with packing or some kind of cushioning if you are not packing it in its original shipping box and packing. Mark it fragile. Mark which side is up side. I found a duffle bag that just met the max requirements for carry on luggage and packed my Zing in that to go from Canada to AZ. I wouldn't do that again, it's too heavy on the neck to carry. And I like the length of my arms as they are. 
  • tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 145
    edited May 26
    @luvyabye - Unfortunately, life is a bit different from what we imagine to be. It would be great if your checked baggage wasn't just dropped several times and upside down before reaching the destination. It would be great if the employees of the airports had the time and care to read stickers like "This side up" or "Fragile". It would be great if your bag does not stay on the bottom of the pile of luggage trailer, with each bag weighing between 50 and 70 Lbs. As more materials you use to better pack your cutter the harder it's to the scanner to identify it, then your bag will be opened by TSA but your cutter may not be so well packed back as you did before. My suggestion: make a simpler package to be opened for inspection and bring your cutter with you, inside your carry-on luggage (with wheels) but without the blades, as Liz has suggested and Bon Voyage!
    Post edited by tuicarlos on
  • luvyabyeluvyabye Member Posts: 3
    Thank you so much for taking the time to answer.  I'm contemplating a new cutting machine but, since I live in Europe most of the time and in the USA for a few months of the year, I hated the expense of just using it in one place.  I may rethink that though.  Again, thank you so much for your wise advice!!!