We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

I have no frets so I used Diana's

leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,366
I shadowed some of Diana's frets to make background stamps out of adhesive fun foam that I cut on my knk force. Still working on the settings cause it is annoying to cut something that is so soft. I stamped the image on water color paper and then embossed the stamp. After lending distress ink with water , I removed the embossing powder with an iron. 

Comments

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,405
    Those look good and you are definitely having fun.  Like the idea of turning them into stamps.  Have a look at Griddles under frets I think you might find some more that you like within shapes not just squares.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,366
    edited May 2017
    Not so much fun getting the force to cut this adhesive fun foam but better than the alternative - doing it by hand. I wasted a lot of pieces already - good thing this is cheap. You will note that I did change your frets some by shadowing them so that the negative parts where the stamps impresses is thinner.
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 696
    @leslie6111 another very clever idea, making your own stamps.  After trying to emboss just cardstock over soft kitchen drawer liner I am reluctant to even attempt craft foam on my Zing.
    Member 30818
  • CarrieCarrie Member Posts: 1,169
    Very good idea!! Repurpose it into a stamp instead of a stencil.
    image+++MTC fan since December 2009+++~~~Own a Silhouette Cameo~~~ ****MTC is the best PROGRAM Ever!!!**** 1-22-14 Bought PCS! ****A fan of Andy the Amazing Designer, and Ann helping him to get started****
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,366
    Bev, I think you might have more success with the zing with adhesive craft foam since the blade is not as pushy with soft material. I was able to cut soft vinyl remnants on the zing but not on the force for embossing folders.
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 696
    @leslie6111 thanks for the suggestion.  Have added it to my shopping list; willing to try anything to get some embossing out of this machine.
    Member 30818
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!