We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Zing not responding to "cut project" button

*Running on MAC* MTC is open, COM port is bridged & moves when tested, when i click on "cut project" the fan does not turn on, it says "not connected" and it will not do anything when i click "not connected" & "connection", "COM1 (etc)". Zing worked just fine yesterday & the fan fired up etc. Ive tried rebooting the Zing & my MAC, no luck. Any suggestions?

Comments

• tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 117
    edited May 10
    @mrstode086 - You can try it first…

1.       With your Mac and Zing turned on, disconnect the USB cable from your Mac

2.       Unplug the power cable from your Zing

3.       Press several times the Turn On/Off button on your Zing

4.       Plug back the power cable in your Zing

5.       Turn on your Zing

6.       Reconnect the USB cable on the same port on your Mac

7.       Wait a couple of seconds and check if it fixed the problem

If not, try using another USB port on your Mac. If the problem persists the next step could be reinstal the driver.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,235
    @mrstode086  - I believe on the Mac, the driver is bundled in the install app, and not installed separately. In other similar posts over the years, it has been recommended to remove the MTC app, use your Cleaner program and then re-install, if after trying the other suggestions you still cannot get things going. Post back again if you still have issues. 
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,282
    Maybe the cable got loose in the back of the zing or it is defective - any printer cable will do. I had to eventually send in my zing to replace the mother board when the usb connector short circuited and fell off. Now I keep a usb extension cable hooked to it so I am not jiggling the usb connector whenever I move my cutter and disconnect from my laptop.