We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Nodes Moving all over the place when selecting?

alanc123alanc123 Member Posts: 5
edited April 28 in Off Topic
Hi, i opened up my sillhouette today , tried to manually move an editing point of a cutline and its moving alot on the click and distorting the cutline alot. Maybe ive accidentally changed a setting somewhere, Not sure but im just about to throw my laptop out of the window. Thanks in advance.

Before click

after first Click

trying to drag node jumps straight to this position

i get similar results with a different shape of distortion using smooth. i just want to drag a couple of nodes inside the image to eliminate a couple of parts where the backing paper is showing after cut . i do not want to indent anymore or i lose part of the image.
Post edited by SBryanW on

Comments

• alanc123alanc123 Member Posts: 5
    Realized i have posted this in resolved. also posted in help . apologies
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,069
    You realise mis-posting is catching!!  LOL
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,649
    edited April 28
    I be guess as I don't use SS but the point you drag might be set to curve rather than corners
    maybe this will help until someone that actually knows pops in
    http://www.silhouetteschoolblog.com/2015/01/silhouette-studio-edit-points.html

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    Thanks , did go onto there briefly .Something is not quite right as it was working fine. May look into different software
    I don't usually use Silhouette to design but I thought I'd have a quick play.  On your screen to the right is a panel I think it you click on a  node and then click flat it will straighten a curve if that is what you are after.  If you click on curve it will make a striaght line curve.  I'm guessing the other functions in that panel do other things!  Hope this helps a tad.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    I think you need to select the correct option before moving a node about - also check that you haven't got jump to grid set which will prevent you from moving a point to a specific location and will only allow it to jump along the grid points.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    Thanks i believe that jump to grid thing may be the answer. i will try to find it
    Best of luck - it is usually something simple but a real bind to find!!  I know there is a thing for doing a thing but I can never remember what it is called and each program calls it something different!!
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
  • tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 151
    edited May 9
    @alanc123 - Try to understand the icons first. In “Select Point” you change the behavior of both lines: the line before and the line after that point you choose. In “Select Line” you change the behavior only the line after that point you choose, in counter clockwise direction.

You can use the two (sometimes one) bars with a blue point on each extremity to adjust the angle of the curves but if you want to keep the line straight you can use just “Make Flat”.

If you are trying to move a bunch of points to the same direction or position you can keep Shift key down and select all points you want to move on the same time than use the arrow keys to move them. The same for deleting points.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,362
    @alanc123 - welcome to the Make The Cut! software forum, where we assist users of the Make The Cut! software and its supported cutters. Your question is Silhouette Studio software related and while there are some (as seen above) who have used or use SS, they typically wouldn't be coming here to look to help someone with a Silhouette Studio problem. I don't use it enough to be an expert by any means, but I can refer you to someone who is: Kay - otherwise known as cleversomeday. Not to worry she is extremely clever and knows Silhouette Studio from the backend code and up!

Here is a video of hers that may help you understand how to work with nodes in Silhouette Studio. Working with nodes in Make The Cut!, is I think more simplified, but you're not using it, =).

edited May 10

In my opinion, as there are people who use Inkscape and MTC or SCAL and MTC or even CorelDraw and MTC, there is nothing wrong someone using SS and MTC. I am one of many people who use both software, also I have already seen here some people answering basic questions about other software and cutters, inclusive in webinars.

Andy created for us this space called "Off Topic", precisely to discuss subjects not related to his software. It's clear to me that he's the type of person who values the freedom and encourages the use of creativity and this is very positive for us who work with art.

If the subject isn’t interesting to me I don't even open the post, I simply ignore it but this is very important: if we have the right to discuss also topics not related to the MTC in a specific space, inside the company’s website and authorized by the owner, this right must be respected, always!

Post edited by tuicarlos on
    @alanc123 - Let us know if you got success moving the points as I explained.