We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Stair file [Resolved]

minicuriosminicurios Member Posts: 16
edited April 24 in Resolved Issues
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to make  a 1/8 inch stair stringer so I can make a 3D staircase. Does anyone know where i can find such a svg? I have been unsuccessful at creating my own :( thanks Angie
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,462
    @minicurios - we have Popup Card Studio (PCS) that does that for you. Do you have PCS? We also have a resident expert - Susan Bluerobot - who has a whole blog dedicated to PCS with instructions, pictures and how to videos.

How many stairs are you trying to cram into 1/8 inches?
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,806
    is this what you mean by a stair stringer

There a few ways but this is how I would do it

Begin with diamond from basic shapes

Duplicate by10 (0"spacing) , Then with all selected weld

Use node edit tool to remove unwanted lines

Use pencil tool to draw line from node at A to C  (hold ctrl to snap to nodes)

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • minicuriosminicurios Member Posts: 16
    Thank you for your help. I will look at PCS but I have managed to make it now - thanks to Crazy_Mr_Zing's excellent instructions!  Much appreciated
    Angie