We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

OK, so now Home Depot is selling Brother Scan 'n' Cuts. I hate this. Your opinion?

hwganghwgang Member Posts: 2,781
I have long been turned off by Staples, selling, for instance, tractors. This disappointment is new to me.  I don't need drop-shipped stuff being shipped by sellers who can't possibly support an item.
Lynne Moderation in All Things should be Practiced Sparingly In KNK Love with my Zing, Eagle and the Support!

Comments

• tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 83

I'm not surprised because CVS Pharmacy sells candies and cigarettes too. Well, at least they can offer a very good support… LOL.

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,194
    None of the places that sells things supports them. I got a digital pressure cooker that went on the fritz the second time I used it, it was purchased from London Drugs, which is similar in scope to CVS. I had to deal with an online form to initiate the support, and then was emailed instructions to take it to an authorized repair depot. They didn't even ask for a receipt for it. The repair depot replaced it.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,492
    It does seem a little unfair to the a stores the goes to the effort of providing personal customer support if often undercut but others that sell the item in the box  and offer little or no support

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Little_BerryLittle_Berry Member Posts: 5,748

I thought CVS stopped selling cigarettes?

I don't see anything wrong with Home Depot selling a sewing related item in the store

• tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 83
    @Little_Berry - Yes, unfortunately they still sell cigarettes in a pharmacy.

@Liz_A - Just to make sure… did you understand my joke about CVS Pharmacy support for cigarettes?

• DarleneIDarleneI Member Posts: 2,739
    I hope if they do carry these machines they carry replacement supplies.  Was trying to think why Home Depot would carry one though.  O guess all storefront businesses are trying to stay open in this age of internet shopping.
  • Little_BerryLittle_Berry Member Posts: 5,748

tuicarlos     

That's sad                   

• darlenemcgdarlenemcg Member Posts: 322
    Maybe more husbands will buy them for their wives along with their toys. But it is sad
    @tuicarlos - our pharmacies sold them too, til the government told them to get out of that business, I didn't find your comment joke-like more rather a sad commentary on the way things are.

@DarleneI - take a look at the demise of JC Penny. I read an interesting commentary on how the public shops today. The poor shop at Walmart, in person, because that is what they can afford. The rich shop in person at the high end shops because they like the personalized attention, seeing and touching things, the amenities of high end shopping. The rest of the consumers, they are looking for bargains or shopping online in their pajamas, they don't go to malls, or big box outlets. Not my comments, but those of a retail business analysis. Motto, those retailers that don't adapt, die.
  • AnointedHandsAnointedHands Member Posts: 786
    I wish stores in this area would start selling all colors of Siser HTV vinyl. I hate having to order online. Seems like supplies would sell faster.

tuicarlos the CVS in the DMV area does not sell cigarettes and will soon be moving the candy from the area near the registers.
    @AnointedHands - check out any local scrapbooking stores you may have. Every time I chat with the owner of my local scrapbooking store, she tells me that she will order in anything I want, and she would be able to get it cheaper than I can. Maybe yours would be as accommodating.
  • AnointedHandsAnointedHands Member Posts: 786
    Thanks @Liz_A I will try that. I just wish my area would stock it. I don't buy vinyl in huge quantities because of the shelf life but sometimes I need a specific color in quantities. I think I'm doing t-shirts to match tennis shoes which is not a serious issue but I just went through 5 yards of navy blue. It would be OK if a batch order, i.e., I need 30 shirts with navy blue vinyl, but this is more of a "Oh, I like that...can I get 4? and the orders go from there so you never know how much to buy because some customers might decide they need it in another color. I hate paying shipping charges.
  • hwganghwgang Member Posts: 2,781
    Liz_A said:
    The poor shop at Walmart, in person, because that is what they can afford.  <snip> Motto, those retailers that don't adapt, die.
    I avoid Walmart like the plague, but I found myself in one the other day because they are the only local source I know of for a waterproof silicone caulk that dries in 30 minutes. 
    That said, I was STUNNED at some of the prices. Not at all cheap! A bar of Fels Naptha soap that sells in my husband's employer's supermarket for $1.19 was $3! (Almost 300% more). Ditto many, many other things for which I knew prices. Frequently, some things sold by the Container Store were cheaper there than Walmart, too!

CVS stopped selling tobacco Oct. 1st, 2014 They are now doing away with check-out candy and some other junk food products. 
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/04/19/cvs-health-store-redesign/100638970/
    Lynne Moderation in All Things should be Practiced Sparingly In KNK Love with my Zing, Eagle and the Support!