We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cricut Explorer Air 2 - Cutting Small Objects

namesakenamesake Member Posts: 2
I'm looking for some feedback and help. I'm currently using the Cricut Explorer Air 2. I'm cutting small images .71"x 36") on white vinyl.  Each time I"m cutting the vinyl is tearing and dragging (it doesn't even cut fully). I've tried using a custom cut and different material (i.e construction paper, cardstock) but the same issue occurs. I"m cutting VECTOR based images (see attached examples) Can anyone provide me with feedback on how to cut small images on Vinyl?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,459
    @namesake - welcome to the Make The Cut! forum where we support the software program Make The Cut! and its supported cutters. MTC has not supported Cricut for a long time.

You will likely need to slow down your speed for detailed, small images. You need to make sure that the amount of blade showing is not longer than it needs to be, people tend to think more blade is better. It is not, the reverse is actually true, less blade. Adjust your force (pressure settings) and try two passes rather than one. Make sure the mat is not warped.
  • MichelleMyBelleMichelleMyBelle Member Posts: 4,632
    @namesake have you tried the washi setting? Also, be sure there are no small pieces of vinyl lodged between the blade and holder. You can go into the custom settings and create your own settings. 

What brand of vinyl are you using, as many have issues with Hobby Lobby vinyl. The Explore Air 2 should have no problem with this as it can cut very intricate and detailed files. 

If you're on Facebook, you may want to reach out to Cricut groups for further assistance.