We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

MTC with Cameo 2

Hello,

I am getting ready to purchase a Cameo 2 and want to ensure I can cut properly with MTC.  Unfortunately my laptop does not have a CD drive.  I want to see if it is necessary that I download the cameo CD that comes with the machine if I only intend to use it with MTC?

I have downloaded the driver in MTC & See cut with...Silhouette Cameo, so I assume this means the machine will recognize the computer but I want to see your own experiences with this.  Can I use the Cameo and not download the software?

Thanks for any input you may have!
Kate B

Comments

• littlebitkaylittlebitkay Member Posts: 143
    Yes you can use the Cameo2 with MTC and you do not have to download the Studio file.  

• katefromIAkatefromIA Member Posts: 27

Thanks much! So the CD that comes with the machine is not necessary? - Just want to ensure I understand correctly. 

I appreciate it!
    Kate

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited April 17
    You can download both silhouette studio and MTC form the internet. Discs are not necessary. You can have both programs on your laptop. In fact I have silhouette studio design edition ( I got tired of working around ss inability to import svg's) , scal, and mtc on both my mac and pc. If you want to purchase from the ss store, you will need ss as well as MTC. I do not have a cameo, but I do have a mint - the ss stamping machine.

• Little_BerryLittle_Berry Member Posts: 5,758

A USB Optical Drive (CD/DVD)can be purchased For less than 25 dollars

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,800

Thanks much! So the CD that comes with the machine is not necessary? - Just want to ensure I understand correctly. 

I appreciate it!
    Kate

No the CD is not necessary It quite possible it would contain an outdated version of Silhouette Studio anyway

You could download The Full Free Version of Silhouette Studio from here https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/software

You can Download and Trial Make the Cut From Here
    https://make-the-cut.com/Download.aspx
    The trail mode is fully functional apart from  restriction cutting printing and saving

I don't think you mentioned if your using Mac or Windows
    the Mac version of Make the Cut is Not compatible with Silhouette Machines
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • katefromIAkatefromIA Member Posts: 27
    Wonderful!
    Thank you to everyone who helped me out on this. Very excited to get a new machine!!
  • tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 157
    @katefromIA - In addition, I suggest you registering your Cameo 2 on Silhouette America for obvious reasons. Also, check your firmware version accessing Settings on the LCD touchscreen and update it if necessary. For the Silhouette Cameo 2 the latest firmware is 1.60.

New computers will not have CD/DVD drives anymore because you can get everything you want online, as already said here. HDD (Hard Drive Disc) will be the next target. New computers will have just a SSD (Solid State Drive) enough to run the operational system and some programs. Everything else will be on clouds. This is the future! So, start right now uploading all your files to a cloud service, free space in your computer and don’t waste your money with old technology. Improve your Internet service instead!

I'm just curious ... What will you do if after 1 year your Cameo 2 fall from the plane and the train pass over? Read again what @leslie6111 wrote and think about it!