We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Wrong Activation Pin [Resolved]

joaniemsjoaniems Member Posts: 77
edited April 15 in Resolved Issues
I have a new PC and am trying to connect my cutter with blue tooth.  When the PC recognizes the cutter it ask's for the activation pin. When I type in. It say's it's the wrong number. This is the same Zing Air with the same MTC Activation Pin that I used on the old PC. Why is it not recognized it? I tried copying the code from note pad and pasting, that didn't work. Please advise me on what I could do next?
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,934
    edited April 15
    There is an activation pin that comes with the cutter, you had to submit that number/pin to MTC to get the actual registration code.  Its the registration code that you need to enter into the software program.   So, are you trying to enter the activation pin or the registration code?
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,194
    @joaniems  - If you are talking about the Wifi PIN for the cutter to communicate via the BT, then that pin is 1234.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,492
    As Meflick says the activation pin that came with you cutter is used to obtain a registration code for use with Make The Cut

It does sound like you have already done this as you mention a old PC

You could used the registration code recode webpage to have your registration code emailed to you

https://make-the-cut.com/LostRegKey.aspx

If your old PC is still operational there is a way of extracting your registration code for there
    click the help menu , click advance, click unregister make the cut

From memory a message will popup saying the registration code will be copied to the clipboard. click ok

You can then paste the code into a txt file and the copy and paste from the txt file on you new pc

If you still wish to use make the cut on the old PC while the reg code remains in the clipboard you can register that copy of MTC again by paste the reg code back
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • joaniemsjoaniems Member Posts: 77
    Thank you Liz. That did the trick. Thank you everyone for your input. I knew I would get the right answer. Thank you all again.
    @joaniems - you are welcome, glad to have been a help to you!
    Glad Liz you meant the Bluetooth code.  Never having had any of the KNK "Air" machines that uses bluetooth I was unaware that it needed a code entered as well.  Glad you are up and running.
    Go Vols!
    @MeFlick - typically in order to pair any BT device, ie your smartphone to your car, the cutter to the computer, a code needs to be entered. =) The clue was "am trying to connect my cutter with blue tooth".
    Liz_A said:
    @MeFlick - typically in order to pair any BT device, ie your smartphone to your car, the cutter to the computer, a code needs to be entered. =) The clue was "am trying to connect my cutter with blue tooth".
    Yes @Liz_A - I know that part - have my phone and some bluetooth headphones among other things - just didn't "click" on the bluetooth statement.  I "clicked" on the phrase "activation pin"  ;) - usually I am better on catching those things but thing I was heading out the door but still might not have "clicked" on that since I don't use BT with my cutters.
    Go Vols!
    @MeFlick - lol and I do use BT so that is what clicked for me! Cheers!