We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Importing Files

PaulettePaulette Member Posts: 5
edited April 17 in Help for Make The Cut
I just purchased some SVG  files and they don't import at the correct size like they ALWAYS did in the past.
What happened to the DPI setting and the other things you could fine tune when importing SVG files?
Post edited by Gabe on

Answers

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,805
    edited April 17
    From what I read the DPI options were removed as MTC now reads that information automatically from the file
    Although it still seem to be an issue with file created in some other applications as the svg file they create do not contain that information

If you know what the exact size should be you could calculate the percentage difference there is, then resize the whole project by that % amount.

The only issue would be if you project has slots or holes that need to be a certain size eg. to match a tab that passes through.
    Post edited by Gabe on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,462
    @Paulette - I have answered your question in much detail on the FB page. So I will summarise what I wrote there:

- the ability to choose the DPI hasn't been in MTC for a very long time and several versions ago
    - files that are not created at 90 dpi do not import at the size the designer may have had in mind
    - files created in Adobe products are created at 72 dpi and will import smaller in MTC
    - to resize, refer to the documentation provided by the designer for sizes, then select the shapes and resize to that size. For example, one particular 3DSVG file is sized at 10.3 inches wide, it comes into MTC as 8.24 inches wide. To get the 8.24 inches to 10.3 multiple by a factor of 125%...select all, then lock the height/width dimensions, and type 125% in one of those and press enter. Bingo - resized. resizing this way should not incur the problem as described by Crazy_Mr_Zing, if the file is smaller, then everything is proportionally smaller and resizing should proportionally resize. Hope that helps.