We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cameo 3 Cutting Outside the Margins

I found a topic with the same issue I'm having, but it is closed and no one ever answered the poster.  I have been trying to figure out how the margins work in MTC.  I have a 12 x 12 mat that came with the Cameo 3, and I set up MTC to use 1/4" margin.  My image is placed on the virtual mat to correspond with the start of the cutting area, but it cuts way outside the margin, and I don't know where I have to place my image in order to cut within the margins. Would anyone know why this is?

I'm using windows 7 operating system.

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,551
    edited April 13
    The Silhouette Plugin for Make the Cut has not been updated to include full compatibility with the Cameo 3 this is more likely the reason the offset in cutting positions

I have never used a silhouette machine ever so not sure what the set up was for the other machines with regard to margins. I actually thought the margin option was only for use with the Cricut machine but that might be incorrect

I would imagine if you took a logical approach you might be able to work out what that offset is and then account for that in your design

I think? I read SCAL is compatible with the Cameo 3 that might be a better option
    you could download and use it in trial mode to check that

If you prefer to design in MTC an option would be to upgrade silhouette studio to an edition that supports SVG import that would allow you to design in MTC export as svg and cut in silhouette studio

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • CynergyDivaCynergyDiva Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Mr. Zing.  I actually design in Illustrator, and wanted MTC for cutting and a couple of features that I previously had to work out mathematically in illustrator like the conical warp, so I thought I'd try a friend's copy before buying.  I was using SCAL 2 which didn't have the conical warp, but it seems SCAL 4 has that, so but I ended up getting that and it works perfectly.