We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How do you seperate transfer paper for reverse weed? [Resolved]

BillGBillG Member Posts: 9
edited April 12 in Resolved Issues
I am having A whale of A time getting this apart. Any suggestions? Thanks BillG
Post edited by Gabe on

Answers

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 2,944
    Without a pic it is hard to judge what is going wrong.  It's been suggested that you weed first and then use transfer paper to me - I always thought you should paste onto the project and then weed but apparently it works better if you weed first.  You have to be careful that you only remove the pieces you want and I am told if it is small letters you should leave the centres in until in position and then weed the little letters.  Also remember to peel back from one corner and gently roll off the vinyl keeping the peel off as close to the decal as possible.  I find on occasions I have to roll back and snag the little pieces with a pointy tool.  I agree it's very tricky.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,492
    Well I'm as usual confused by terminology
    Are you applying a vinyl cut-out or stencil to a object

By transfer paper do you mean the paper you stick to the top of the vinyl and then remove the vinyl backing sheet
    Then apply it to the object, then remove the transfer paper, then weed

if so are you actually using proper transfer or application tape or just contact type film
    transfer or application tape comes is varying grades of tackiness
    anyway
    I find before peeling the transfer tape make sure the vinyl is well stuck rub it over with a hard smooth object
    then when you pull off the transfer tape pull it back on it's self this can help prevent the cut-out pieces being lifted out

If you doing something with heat press vinyl I don't know ?
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • BillGBillG Member Posts: 9
    Thanks all I cant get the backing paper off the transfer paper. Bill G.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,307
    edited April 12
    @BillG, so you are saying that you want to reverse weed, but you are not able to remove the backing paper from the transfer tape so you can then stick the transfer tape onto the top of the vinyl.  Is that right?

That leads me to ask, what type of transfer tape are you using?  Is it actual transfer tape or is it one of the alternative things that people sometimes use, such as contact paper?
    Post edited by Gabe on
    I think we are still not quite understanding what material you using
    transfer paper could mean a number of things to us

Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    Folks here comes the laugh of the Day. I am totally new to this world and must own up to my own short comings. my Granddaughter showed me that the piece I was trying to get apart was an old piece that she had used. Everyone have a nice Day. Billy Goodwin
    Well we all learn from our mistakes .. Well I try too
    Thanks to everyone who has responded BillG
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 2,944
    Chuckling - there's nothing like he young putting us right!  Hope it all goes smoothly now.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.