We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

warranty

luanne50luanne50 Member Posts: 7
I want to use this software to create SVG files and import them into my Cricut. If this does not work, can I return the software?

Answers

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,563
    @luanne50 - how would you return the software, it was a download. Typically the answer is no, you get a registration key and that is installed in the software, how could the seller ever be guaranteed that you did in fact delete it?

There should be no problems importing an SVG file from MTC to Cricut software. You can use the demo version to test, but you would not be able to save files, print or screen capture.
  • luanne50luanne50 Member Posts: 7
    thanks.  I did not see on the site where the demo version is.  Ill try to find it.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,039
    luanne50 said:
    thanks.  I did not see on the site where the demo version is.  Ill try to find it.
    Its the regular download.  It runs in "demo" mode until you register it by entering the registration key number provided when you purchase the program.  However, as Liz noted, the demo version will not let you save or export out a file so you will not be able to test exporting out to SVG and importing it from the Demo version.

I have never heard of anyone having problems with importing MTC's SVG files even into Cricut programs.  There are regular users who do that normally.  When you say "import them into my Cricut" - just to be clear - are you talking the newer Cricut Explore machines and their online program that lets you import SVG files from other sources?  If so, then yes - many people already doing that.  

if you want to run a "test" - @Di-lite has many of her MTC files she has exported out to SVG from within MTC.  You could go to her storage drive and download one or more to try.  (Look for her posts here on the forum where she shares info. on her files she has shared.)
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 158
    edited April 18
    @luanne50 - As you can see below (part of Terms of Sale), you pay for a license to use only and once installed/registered the software, you lose the right to return and refund. So, I suggest you try the software first and if you are sure that it will meet your needs, buy it!

MTC is the most powerful and affordable software for what you want but if you’ll have to learn another software and concerns about the future of your software you should consider trying SCAL too.

6. SOFTWARE AND SERVICE USE RIGHTS

6.1 Where any Product supplied is or includes software ("Software"), this Software (a) is licensed to you (and not sold to you) by the licensor/owner subject to their license agreement or terms included with such Software or presented during your checkout process or software installation process ("License Terms"). In addition:

6.1.1 Such Software may not be copied, adapted, translated, made available, distributed, varied, modified, disassembled, decompiled, reverse engineered or combined with any other software, save to the extent that (i) this is permitted in the License Terms, or (ii) applicable law expressly mandates such a right which cannot legally be excluded by contract.

6.1.2 Save to the extent provided for in any applicable License Terms, your rights of return and/or to a refund under these Terms and any applicable Returns Policy do not apply in the event that you open the Software shrink-wrap and/or break the license seal and/or use the Software.

6.1.3 Except to the extent expressly provided by us in writing or under relevant License Terms, Software is provided 'as is' without any warranties, terms or conditions as to quality, fitness for purpose, performance or correspondence with description and we do not offer any warranties or guarantees in relation to Software installation, configuration or error/defect correction. You are advised to refer to any License Terms with regards to determining your rights against a manufacturer, licensor or supplier of the Software.

Post edited by tuicarlos on
  • okieladybugokieladybug Member Posts: 524
    There is absolutely no problems with designing in MTC, saving your design as an SVG and then uploading the design for cutting. It's the only way I use the machine you mentioned because I absolutely hate the software that machine uses.

Visit my website! Okieladybug's Scrap N' More.

This discussion has been closed.