We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Going from cream etching to air eraser etching

CassieOCassieO Member Posts: 1
Really the title says it all lol. How do I progress from cream to air eraser. i. each equipment. Many thanks in advance. xxx

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,290
    @CassieO - likely you have found this forum via a Google search. We are a forum that supports the Make The Cut! software and its supported cutters. Many people who etch need a program to create their stencils, and a cutter to cut them precisely so they don't need to use an exacto knife. So those would be your first two things to buy, an electronic cutter (of which there are many to choose from) and software to use with it. Then you need the air eraser, and the range of prices goes from a little to a lot, and in this area, you get what you pay for. You will need protective gear to where, a place to do it that allows for the collecting of the dust for recycling, etc. This list is not specifically for that purpose, but there are lots of people on here that use their cutter for this application. Good luck with your decision making!
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,026
    Well making the step from cream to an air eraser/sanding set up is a big leap.  Well worth it but you will need several things and you get what you pay for.  You will need a compressor - the bigger the better as you don't have to wait so long for it to recharge and it will give more pressure which speeds things up.  ~I bought a small pen set up initially but found that it drove me batty as you can only use it for about 15 minutes before you have to let it rest and cool down.  I now have a 3 hp 100 lt compressor which is a bit large for small time sanding.  A 50 lt would be OK if you are not using it all the time.  A cabinet is a must and an outdoor shed to house your equipment in.  Dust is a big problem so a secondhand hoover is also required to drag the dust out of the cabinet so that you can see what you are doing.  Also it means the dust can be recycled.  Do not use sand but get AO (aluminion oxide powder).  There are several blasting sites with very good advice on them but remember they will tell you to get a professional set up (which is fine if you are going into business) but for occasional use it is over the top.  It's quite a big step but do lots of research and find the equipment that suits your purpose.  If I can be of any more help shout - I'm asking @Gabe to you to add his wisdom on this particular artform.  He can also guide you to suitable sites.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,545
    edited April 5
    An air eraser is a great way to as they say stick you toes in the water and see if blast etching is something you enjoy

There are several Facebook groups that have some very helpful people some groups have beginner guides in there file section

Etching WIth a Blast Cabinet

Kreative Air eraser

Glassetching
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files