We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Can't cut- cutters not listed

Hi, I have lost all options to cut.  When I select "cut project with" the options are "cut with other plotter" or "cut preview"  Anyone know how I can regain my cut options?  I'm using version 3.3.2
Thanks!! 

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,564
    @Cara19 - you may need to restore your plugins from your backup.
  • tuicarlostuicarlos Member Posts: 158
    @Cara19 - You can try disconnecting and reconnecting your USB cable from your computer keeping the same port and with your cutter power on. Also you can try another USB port on your computer.
    @tuicarlos - cutters not listed is usually indicative of a missing plugin. If the USB cord was the issue, the plugin would still launch but not connect to the cutter.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,926
    edited March 31
    What cutting machine do you have ? I guessing a Cricut

Look in the plugin folder and see if the pccplugin.dll file is still there 
    I'm sure I read a few reports of the pccplugin.dll file for Cricut being removed by antivirus software

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • CohensLollieCohensLollie Member Posts: 101
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing I'm having the same problem.  I don't see the plugin file.  How/where to I get it?  Thanks!
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,400
    edited June 19
    @CohensLollie, if you are using a Cricut and you do not have the plugin file either on your computer already or saved in a backup, then it is not available.  This is because Provocraft sued the makers of Make-The-Cut, and other 3rd party software, to legally force them to remove support for the Cricut machines from the software.
    Post edited by Gabe on
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,926
    Version 4.1 was the last version to offer cricut support

-If you updated to a version later than this the cricut plugin would have been deleted

-If you had the software working with your circuit and is suddenly is no longer working and the plugin file appears to have disappeared
    It may be that your anti-virus software for some reason decided the file was suspicious and moved it to quarantine it maybe be possible to restore it for within your virus software

For anyone using a Old Versions of Make the Cut for the purpose of using a Cricut cutter it is very important that you keep secure backups as those version of the software are no longer available
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,042
    Gabe said:
    @CohensLollie, if you are using a Cricut and you do not have the plugin file either on your computer already or saved in a backup, then it is not available.  This is because Provocraft sued the makers of Make-The-Cut, and othe 3rd party software, to legally force them to remove support for the Cricut machines from the software.
    Version 4.1 was the last version to offer cricut support

-If you updated to a version later than this the cricut plugin would have been deleted

-If you had the software working with your circuit and is suddenly is no longer working and the plugin file appears to have disappeared
    It may be that your anti-virus software for some reason decided the file was suspicious and moved it to quarantine it maybe be possible to restore it for within your virus software

For anyone using a Old Versions of Make the Cut for the purpose of using a Cricut cutter it is very important that you keep secure backups as those version of the software are no longer available
    One final note of importance to any Cricut Users with MTC - regarding the "cutter plugin" - some are using older versions of MTC - like some really old versions of it.   Not everyone upgraded to the last version of MTC, 4.1 before the Cricut was forced to be completely removed- and if you never got it upgraded to 4.1 before that happened, you were left with which ever version you had at the time.

So, it depends upon what "version" of MTC you are using and how old it is whether or not you will in fact see the "cutter plugin" and/or a plugin folder.  The "plugins" were not introduced into MTC until later (in an effort to keep older Cricut users able to "update" and still use the program - this is what got MTC sued a 2nd time by the way) so depending upon what version of MTC you have, you may NOT have the plugins folder and plugins at all.  Prior to MTC changing over to using the "plugins" - the cutter was "written into" the program. I don't recall exactly what version the "plugins" were added.  So for example, anyone using version 1 or 2 would not have plugins I know.  We would need to try to figure out when plugins were added to give more accurate details after that. Anything after MTC 4.1 did not have the Cricut plugin available and would not work with the plugin even if you have it.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    @MeFlick - No need to try to figure it out, it's all in the MTC Updates section. =)

What's new from version 3.0.0 to 3.2.0:

The big modifications include:

Cutting Machine "Plug-ins": All cutting machines have been removed from Make The Cut! and have been exported in to what we call "Plug-ins" This allows us to fix/update issues with current machines very easily. This also allows us to modify and add cutting machines quickly to Make The Cut! without having to put out a whole new version of MTC. This doesn't really affect a lot of people as MTC will still function exactly how it did in previous versions.

Hope that helps!
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,042
    edited June 19
    Thanks @Liz_A - I knew it was there - but to "figure it out" I (or you) had to take the time to go over there and look to see.  ;) I was pretty sure it was somewhere in version 3 but didn't want to state as "fact" without checking and I didn't have time to do it right then.  :s

Thanks for doing it and letting everyone know that anything prior to version 3.2 has the "plugin" built in and would not have the plugin folder.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)