We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How do I close my own discussions?

GinaSGinaS Member Posts: 983
edited March 26 in General
I have some posts that I would like closed.  How do I do that?  I seem to recall that I used to be able to at least put the posts in a Resolved category/section, but now I only see the category drop down in New Discussion.
Gina S (MTC Gallery ID: 17449)
Etsy | Mugs For U
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,925
    edited March 25
    Yes it appears the edit  > then changing category is option is missing , Was on the topic of mine I tried
    You may have to # Tag Gabe or Bryan and request Your topic be closed
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,039
    You as a "regular" forum user cannot close any thread or post even if you started it.  You can send a pm to a forum Admin and ask them to do so for you.  Only ones I know of are Bryan and Gabe.  You could also email them and ask them to do so - might get you a faster response.

To Change a category of a post you started to "resolved" you would go into "edit" and you should be able to change the category at that point.  You can also "edit" your posts by simply deleting what you have and note deleted by user.  However, I am not sure if you can "edit" the title of the thread to do the same.  (Been too long since I have attempted to edit a title.)
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,563
    @MeFlick - yes you can edit a title as the user.

@tellabling  - Posts will auto close on their own after no activity over time. Deleting the content of your posts works well til that happens.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,039
    Liz_A said:
    @MeFlick - yes you can edit a title as the user.
    Thanks Liz for verifying.  Thought you could - but then as I noted, had been awhile since I tried and was frankly too lazy to verify.  ;) :D  Had I, then I would have also discovered that Gina and Crazy_Mr_Zing are right, the ability to change the category of a post has gone MIA.  Who knows when that happened.  Probably when we weren't looking.  ;) Too bad, that was a good thing to be able to edit.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,925
    It can't get my discussion to allow change of category when I select edit
    maybe I'm misremembering how that worked

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
This discussion has been closed.