We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Cut lines and dash lines.

I have a question which I'm sure someone will be able to help me with. I hope I can explain this right. When I make a file and put in dash lines and then try to join the cut lines with the dash lines the cut lines become dash lines along with the dash lines. How do I join the two so I have my cut lines and dash lines? Thank you for any help.

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,188
    @joaniems - one of the details of MTC is that a single shape can only have one line style, so you cannot have 3 sides of square with a solid line and the 4th side with a dashed line style. It would be wonderful if it worked that way.

You would add your score/cut lines as their own shape using the pencil icon tool in the Edit Mode toolbar...how CTRL key to make it a perfect straight line. Do not join dashed line styled lines to any shapes that are not dashed line also.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,486
    edited March 21
    Do you mean join but select the objects and click join ?
    when you join any objects they all inherit the attributes of the object that is upper most (or on top)

so if you join 1 and 2 then the lines will be solid as the object with the sold line attribute is upper most within the default layer

if you join 3 and 1 then the lines will be solid as the object with the solid line attribute is on a layer that is higher than the layer the has the dashed line

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files