We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Croping the top of a textured shape for using in PCS

Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,479
edited March 19 in General
This is sort and a question as maybe I'm doing this all wrong
but also a workaround I found to my problem
Maybe you've all been doing this and I've been in the dark all this time :/

When doing a Print and Cut Popup in PCS I prepare the textured shapes in MTC so the have flat area for Bottom and or top anchor (where required)

I do this as when you bring the svg export svg and shape svg file from PCS back to the same original MTC file and align them to the same x,y position
you can easily select each shape and add the texture back to them as the are still within the original mtc file

I use the eraser tool and ctrl is the another way to crop the top off textured shape ?

I noticed in MTC when I chop the top of a textured shape in preparation for a top anchor point
The texture does not get chopped off it just moves down

eg if you chop 2mm of the the of the shape the texture moves down 2mm

My workaround it rotate the shape 180 chop the top which is now at the bottom off with the eraser then rotate the shape back

There's probably a logical reason why Textures do this ? same happens when you chop the left side off the text move right the same distance you chopped off . The rotation method worked for this too
I guess the texture positions are some how referenced to the top left x/y position of a shape
makes my brain hurt thinking about it LOL

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files

Comments

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited March 19
    Your work around is a good one because texture in MTC does indeed have an orientation preference. Bryan demonstrated it in a webinar with a spaceship picture (don't remembering which webinar but is one of the later ones). As he rotated the ship he was able to modify the shape with out the texture moving within. I usually add a texture after I have changed the shape and not as you and Bev like to do in matching a specific picture, but I still have issues when I have to modified the textured shape after the fact. The other way is to try to use the popup widow when you right click on texture - but that way I have never been able to master, I do as you do and rotate the textured shape for editing purposes. Or I start over with placing the texture within. I also remember seeing Rob at scrappy Dew once demonstrate his method of texture placement with a picture of a lighthouse. He placed an additional  rectangle in a corner of the picture he wanted to use for the texture and that kind of served as a place holder for when he placed his shapes.http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/comment/428464/#Comment_428464 - at least this video is still on the forum.  Since texture was not an original feature to MTC but a add on, we have to live with its eccentricities.

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,479
    edited March 19
    I figured this maybe have be demonstrated before . I see if i can find the webinar I have difficulty in selecting a suitable search term .   I forgot that offset setting in the texture window I guess that would require some math
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • lynnscrapslynnscraps Member Posts: 700
    edited March 21
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing I know nothing about your problem, sorry, but I have fallen in love with your bunny file. Would you be kind enough give me info on how I may obtain it. Perfect for my granddaughters. TIA
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,479
    It not really a problem Its just how make the cut work with textures

I found the easter images on on this http://gallery.yopriceville.com/

use the search in the top right "Easter Bunny"

click on images

Click on image you like then at the bottom of the page the is a download at full size button