We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How to make an Easter Bunny box

craftyladycraftylady Member Posts: 184
I would like to recreate the box found here http://www.pazzles.net/wordpress/2016/03/04/chocolate-bunny-box but I do not know how to figure out the circumference of the rabbit to make the strip for the box, How does one go about that? Also, how much size difference should there be between the box and the lid. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,563
    @craftylady - Bryan did cover this in a webinar.

Start by doing a google search for chocolate bunny svg - here is one: https://es.pinterest.com/pin/49961877092347543/

This imports at a good size and is nice and clean.

Once on the mat use the Measure shape tool that is on the Node Mode toolbar, which if not showing you will find under View. Mouse onto the shape at an edge, and at the top it will report all particulars about the shape, including the perimeter value, which is 24.7490 inches.

Create strips that are as wide as you want the box deep. You will need several to join together, add tabs for gluing to make one continuous strip. The strips will need teeth (tiny triangles) which will fold down perpendicular to the shape to glue to the underside of the bunny. Make a duplicate of this shape slightly smaller to cut and put as an underside of this shape, which will cover up the "teeth" and give more stability to the box. Do the same for a bottom, I make the bottom only slightly smaller than the thickness of the cardstock used, otherwise it may be too small, too loose.

Hope that helps.
  • SusanBluerobotSusanBluerobot Member Posts: 1,178
    OK now best to start with something like a round box and see how you go with that first  then to work on a big project like a bunny rabbit .
    Here is the link to both the webinar and the instructions on how to create a round box
    http://www.susanbluerobot.com/2012/08/round-boxes-as-seen-on-webinar-28th.html

Bye for now, Susan susanbluerobot@gmail.com | www.susanbluerobot.com I am an affiliate for Popup Card Studio™. If you are considering purchasing Popup Card Studio, please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate for Make the Cut™. If you are considering purchasing Make the cut , please use this link and support my blog! I am an affiliate of Scrap Factory™. if you are considering purchasing Scrap Factory , please use this link and support my blog!
  • craftyladycraftylady Member Posts: 184
    You make it sound so easy, I tried and failed. I think the teeth were too long and I had difficulty getting the strips to go into small areas. I think I will leave the box making to others, It's just not my thing. Thanks for all of your help.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,923
    I'm all thumbs glue and the intricate parts too

What about a more standard box from templatemaker.nl and add a easter cutout on the sides

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    Those are really nice. I actually have and Easter egg box but wanted something different this year for my kids, who are in their 30's, but I still make them a box or basket every year.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,563
    Mary at svgcuts.com came out with a bunny marquee box last year. She always creates an assembly video, so maybe watching it you can get some ideas of the construction of the bunny box. 

http://svgcuts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=419

I have the file. So on looking at the details, the teeth she created were .4 inches long, and she created 4 different strips of teeth to make it work.
    I have that file and made one last year. I had thought about that and then forgot. I will have to look at the files and the tutorial, I may be able to use them. Thanks for the reminder.
This discussion has been closed.