We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Help With Duplicating Something

I bought a card making kit and ruined the one element I needed to complete the card,  Tried to duplicate it and not working.  Any ideas?   Even bought a PixScan mat but that was a joke.  What can I do now???

Comments

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,253
    You can either download a picture of the element from the internet, or use a regular scanner to scan the shape and bring that into MTC to pixel trace.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,479
    So the card making kit were pieces of card already cutout ?

do you have a scanner ? athough scanning and then pixel traceing card cutouts can be tricky as the scanner also sees the depth so you get shadows
    coloring close to the cut edge black and scanning with something white behind can sometime help define the edges 

How detailed is this element ?

Perhaps a photo of the element would help up see what your dealing with

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • PoeticLicensePoeticLicense Member Posts: 183
    I appreciate the suggestions.  Here's my next question, Is it possible to print and cut a scan???
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,479
    Yes.
    But the result really depends on the how good you can get the pixel trace

There is a webinar where bryan demonstrated methods of doing this
    Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio Q&A Webinar - August 05, 2014

00:00:34 MTC: How you can use MTC with your phone camera or scanner and preprinted materials to do a “print and cut” with a “laser” cutter (Note: the techniques shown do not work with the Silhouette line of machines because they do not use a laser for alignment, however you could probably do something similar with MTC if you get one of Silhouette’s new mats with the registration marks already printed on the mats themselves)
    Bryan provides 5 different “demos” timestamps for start of each sample is:
    00:03:30 – Photo taken with his camera phone
    00:14:10 – 2nd example shown with photo taken
    00:22:50 - 3rd example of a “mouthwash bottle” on torn out paper and scanned into MTC via a regular scanner (Bryan notes this will give you better results then working with the photo from a phone and explains why)
    00:29:03 - 4th example also using scanner – put document on scanner intentionally skewed or shifted, uses edges of rectangle for registration
    00:36:18 - 5th Example – Harbor Freight Ad example
    00:43:38 - 6th Example – Bryan does “multiple traces” through one pixel tracing session to get different parts and pieces for different needs
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files