We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Can I convert an esp file to an svg file with make-the-cut software?

majones6majones6 Member Posts: 50
I have a file from a graphic artist that my church wants cut in vinyl for our doors. Can someone help me figure out how to convert the file to a clean-cutting svg file?

Answers

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,389
    edited March 15
    What is the result when you try Import >Vector PDF/PS/ESP/AI ?

In that import function window there is the option to import Strokes and Fills, Strokes Only Or Fills Only  have you tried those 3 options and still not getting the result you want

If the SVG files was design in a vector application it may include other layer the hider importing to MTC for example masking layer and gradients

I could take a look if your able to provide the file
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,092
    @majones6 - I have found that MTC may not recognize all EPS files, so if you are not successful with the Import as described by Crazy_Mr_Zing, then see if you can acquire the file in pdf vector format. That should import just fine.