We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Hinge Lines not in Print Preview

CharoCharo Member Posts: 590
No matter if I make this gate wider or smaller the hinge lines won't show up in print preview.  It looks like it hinges but really it's going to cut out.  How can I fix this?
Member 30818

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,802
    edited March 12
    Hinges need to be straight and either perfectly horizontal or vertical (like anchors)

the gate hinge is meeting the post

Also i kept getting these extra doors poping up  if you select the wall those arched door are on and send it to the z layer 39 they appear for me

anyway I deleted them

When you bring shape in from MTC they can often don't have perfectly straight edges and or vertical or horizontal edges
    I think this maybe because PCS works on a lower tolerance than mtc 

The door edges were not straight or vertical so I cropped them so they were

with the gate i made a hinge by quad drawing 2 adjacent rectangles one welded to the gate on to the fence post

Any Wow this is a rather impressive file and didn't it make my pc work hard rendering it

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • CharoCharo Member Posts: 590
    @Crazy_Mr_Zing  Thank you!  I wondered what happened to that double door on the first house.  It showed up as a little dot and I could never find it again to delete it.  Now I should have remembered about cropping the edges of those doors.  Remembering all the things necessary to PCS is a problem LOL.  I see what you did to make the gate hinge and I should have remembered that too.
    Also I so appreciate your comment about your pc having to work hard on this file.  I thought mine was dying or something.  Every time I did something it took forever to render it and there would be a bright flash when it finally did.  Scared me!

Member 30818
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,802
    Those extra door had me dumbfounded for a while because i cropped the doors and still no hinge lines ? then the extra doors appeared I had thought may be the file was corrupt and thought oh no you might have to start again

I was thinking maybe a Simpify or a flatten paths may have helped , Not that I remember and or fully understand what they all do

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,151
    That looks like a great project - can't wait to see a finished pic.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
This discussion has been closed.