We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Clean trace lines

DebWeb60DebWeb60 Member Posts: 2
I am having trouble getting smooth lines when I trace a jpeg or png. I am using my Silhouette. Every time I go to cut out my print it leaved jagged edges. So my machine cuts all the little edges. Any help?

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,092
    @DebWeb60 - how large - height/width - is your image? What dpi is it? This information will be displayed at the bottom of the Pixel Trace window when you import a jpg or png.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,913
    DebWeb60 said:
    I am having trouble getting smooth lines when I trace a jpeg or png. I am using my Silhouette. . . .
    Since you say you are using your Silhouette but don't say whether you are using the Silhouette program or Make the Cut (MTC) which is a 3rd party software that works with various cutters and who's support forum you are on, let's first determine which software program you are actually using? 
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,384
    sometime creating a larger positive shadow and the creating a negative shadow of that shadow to return it to the original size can help smooth . Though not every project suit this method
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • DebWeb60DebWeb60 Member Posts: 2
    I am using my silhouette program. I did a offset and it seemed to work much better. I will keep playing with it. Make the offset closer. But it is fine for the project I am doing. Thanks so much for all your help.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,913
    DebWeb60 said:
    I am using my silhouette program. . . . 
    Thanks for letting us know that it was Silhouette's software program you were attempting to use and not MTC.  As I noted in my earlier post, this is a support forum for Make the Cut software so most of us use it exclusively or primarily so that is the answers you will get here most often. 
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,384
    Maybe you could check somewhere like http://www.silhouetteschoolblog.com/ for a tracing tutorial they seem to have most thing SIL covered
    The little I played wit Sil Studoe tracing it seems rather basic
    Apparently this has been improved in the new Version 4 which in now in beta release

Make the Cut tracing function is extremely good and although I have not master it I seen some great result using SCAL

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files