We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How to flip the registration marks

jschmidtjschmidt Member Posts: 61
Is there a way to flip the registration marks?  I'm using a cameo silhouette (if that matters).  I'm printing on a transparency in reverse, because I'm then adhering the transparency to vinyl.  I'd like to adhere to the vinyl and then cut them together, but when I flip the transparency, the registration marks are opposite of where they should be.  Can the registration marks be flipped?

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,483
    Sound like a Interesting project 
    Not sure I have fully got my head around it
    Your printing in reverse > so your selecting reverse in you printer driver ?
    SO that should result is everything include the reg marks being reversed correct ? But you want the reg mark printed not reversed ?

so you design is

your reversed print out is

could you not  reverse the the design on the mat and the print normally

so you design would be

and your not reversed printout would be the same
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • jschmidtjschmidt Member Posts: 61
    This is a bit difficult to explain, but I'll try with graphics :) 

Let's say I import the graphic:

I make it a mirror image so that way when it prints on a transparency, I can adhere it to vinyl upside down so it looks normal.

My hope is to be able to adhere the entire page to vinyl BEFORE cutting, so that way I only have to cut once.  Unfortunately, when I flip over the transparency I've printed on, it flips the registration marks, and therefore cannot cut properly.

My hope is that I can somehow flip the registration marks so when I flip the transparency upside down, it will instead look like this:

Does that make sense?  That took some serious brain power for me to write!  :)

edited March 8
    Yes it quite a brain twister

I think is when you print in you printer setting there will be a setting to reverse the printout

Just to confuse things my printer has both a mirror and reverse setting so I will now have to find out what the difference is

Edit said it would appear my other print doesn't have that option
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
    Image result for napoleon lucky

Sadly, I don't have this reverse option on my printer :/  I DO have a 180 degree flip ability, but it literally only printed as if I put the paper in the other way, so it did not help. 
    I just found that with my other printers the canon does it if you select iron on transfer as the paper type so that might not be success when you printing on transparency  and my HP has not options at all
    I thought of another option

If you have an adode app installed the has given you the option to to print to pdf
    you could go that what print reversed to PDF then open the pdf and print

Just a though Maybe if got this around the wrong way
    when you cut if the printed on the other side of the transparency - if so will the cameo still detect those reg mark
    Sorry, I didn't understand the last thing you said?
    Maybe I misunderstood too 
    You are printing on transparency then sticking vinyl to it the cutting
    As your needing to reverse it i assumed the printed side of the transparency is going against the vinyl
    So I was wondering if the sensor on the cameo might have issues reading the mark as it would have a see through the transparency

I don't have a cameo if just many say the sensor can be fussy
    Ah gotcha, yeah - it is reads through it fine - I just make sure I put little white dabs behind it so it can read :)
    edited March 9
    Is the Vinyl your applying transparent as well ?

This Right
    MTC like this

Print out like this

so when you flip it over to cut it look like this

Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 2,925
    If it was me doing it I'd set everything up in the program so that it was back to front or upside down etc and then add the reg marks as a last option.  That way it should print as you want and cut as you want.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.