We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

MTC not saving file

rozierozie Member Posts: 3
edited March 7 in Help for Make The Cut
When I click on "save as" and save my file as a .mtc file to my desktop, it just has a blank page icon. Then when I click on it to open the file, my computer states there are no programs to open the file in. Usually when I've saved a .mtc file, it has the MTC logo with it. I have a MAC. I have successfully saved .mtc files in the past, but it has not been since December. I have MTC version 4.6.1

Comments

• leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,307
    edited March 7
    If you then double click on the saved file on your desktop, your mac should give you a choice to open an app from your list. Just find the mtc app in the applications folder and select that and the saved file should open properly as well as future saved MTC files. My desk MTC files have no thumbnails either. I use Sierra by the way for my Operating System and save to my desktop.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,319
    @rozie, just for reference, there is a MTC 4.6.2 now available.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,955
    Gabe said:
    @rozie, just for reference, there is a MTC 4.6.2 now available.
    The upgrade for MTC to 4.6.2 was just for the PC version.  If you download the MTC Mac with Wine version it is still 4.6.1.  So 4.6.1 is the correct version for Mac computers.

rozie - go into MTC its self and do a "file open" and locate your file and open it that way and see if it opens the file correctly.  I find this easier to do when opening a MTC File on MTC on a Mac plus i think it has issues when you try the "double click" on the file to open rather than opening from within MTC.  I think this is probably due to it running a PC program under the Wine emulation.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,319
    Sorry, rozie, I guess I'm not on top of things when it comes to the Mac side.