We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

newbie Help

Hi there my name is laura, first I am new to the sight and wanted a little help, I have purchased a silhouette cameo 3 and I want some help with getting my writing to stay straight on a curved glass, can anyone please advise me on how to do this.
also if you have any other handy tips, ie getting logos of the internet into the silhouette design studio.
Many thanks laura

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,527
    edited March 2
    Hi Currently Make the Cut software for which is what this forum is for, doesn't fully support cutting to the cameo 3

As the silhouette studio software that is included free with you machine does not alow importing svg files make the cut might not be that useful to you

the silhouette software includes a trace function so you would be able to bring in a image of a logo into the software that way I'm not sure how sucessfull that would be

Many logo's are avaiable only on vector format ai,svg,eps etc but as silhouette studio does not allow import of these type files that is not an option

Make the cut software allows import all these file type but as there is no way to cut to the cameo 3 or export that file from Make the Cut in into SIlhouete studio it not a good option

You could download the trial version and try there has been little disscussion on what works and what doesn't work when cutting from Make the Cut ti the Cameo 3  you would need to also install the silhouette plugin the is also on the MAke the Cut Download Page

I beleive SCAL ( Sure Cuts alot ) supports the cameo 3 so you could download a trial version  and see how you like it .
    Though i not 100% sure if the trail version alows importing file ??

The are quitea free facebooks group dedicate to silhouette they might be of help some even share file

Also I think the blog is a good learning resource although not the only one http://www.silhouetteschoolblog.com/

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,235
    edited March 3

@Laurahop31 - purchasing Make The Cut! would allow you to use the Conical Warp utility to create a file for a curved surface, as long as the bottom of the glass is less than the top of the glass. Read the manual on how Conical Warp works here:

http://www.iloveknk.com/0um/KNKZing/KNKZingwithMTCUserManual.pdf - first few chapters are specific to a cutter, the rest are specific to the Make The Cut! program, for which this forum provides user support.

Correction: The top needs to be wider than the bottom of the glass.

Post edited by Liz_A on
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,003
    @Laurahop31  Just a small question is the glass bulbous or straight.  If bulbous then the conical warp might not be what you are looking for but if straight then it is perfect.  You can export the result into svg and off your go.  Take a look in my Force Bazaar Decals/decals1 and you will see several decorative curved projects for V shaped glass.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.