We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

DaFonts warning!

DhouseDhouse Member Posts: 18
Just a heads up on the DaFonts downloads. I downloaded a font called Amperzand and my computer started flashing with a verbal pretend Microsoft warning that my computer was compromised along with our credit card and bank info and requesting you call a number and open everything up to them so they could fix it. Not! We went into safe mode and ran a scan, nothing showing up so far. So, be aware.

Comments

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,384
    edited February 26
    Firstly I'm not a expert

I guess you realised not to call that number
    these crooks are getting quite sophisticated sometimes they even somehow prevent you form closing the window or the tab with the X

I had it come up a few times on firefox not for I while though and a google search seems to imply it a malware infection but multiple scans found nothing either

If you had any doubt if you paste that phone number in a reverse number look up often it will be listed as number the redirects to a scam call centre
    Post edited by Crazy_Mr_Zing on
    I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,092
    Also BEWARE that going to dafonts.com (note the s) and not dafont.com could be a big problem. Maybe that is where you ended up.
  • scrappingmom2007scrappingmom2007 Member Posts: 1,414
    Thanks for the warning.
    Pazzles Vue and Silhouette portrait owner.