We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Changing double cut line to single line.

joaniemsjoaniems Member Posts: 79
edited March 22 in Help for Make The Cut
Does anyone know how to change a double cut line into a single line? I've seen it before, but can't remember how to do it. Thanking you in advanced.
Post edited by Gabe on

Comments

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,955
    First lets clarify exactly what you mean by "double cut line" - do you mean that you have for example a square shape that has two lines being cut around each other but not exactly on top of each other or do you mean that you have one single line that is cutting twice in the same exact spot?
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
  • joaniemsjoaniems Member Posts: 79
    What I am doing is drawing with a marker on my zing air. When I traced the file in, it look's like one line, but when drawing it draws two lines. Not on top of each other. Hope I explained that right.
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,955
    Yes, that is what I thought you meant. This is common when you do a pixel trace of an image in because it sees the "outside" of the line as one line and the "inside" of the line as a second line.

Depending upon the shape or image that you are working with, there are several ways to eliminate the "double lines" - you can split or break the shape apart and get rid of the inside or outside shape.  The other option is to try and work with the "thin paths" tool and reduce to one single line.

If you can show or share the file you are working with.  Someone can probably better help explain/show you what you need to do.

Also, if you haven't checked out the User Manual - I highly recommend that you do so.  It can be accessed through the help menu from within MTC.  it will be for the Chapters 3-8 apply to MTC no matter the cutter and has some excellent information on Pixel Tracing and image into MTC as well as on the Thin Paths tool.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
    Okay, Thanks for your help. Will let you know if I get it to work.
  • Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,287
    @joaniems - expand the layer on the right side of the screen where your traced shape is. YOu will see starting from the bottom and going up, duplicates of each shape. The bottom one is the outside shape, the next one the inside shape, and so on. Delete the inside shapes and cut the remaining outside shapes.
  • Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 3,026
    Personally I would gather the inside shapes and put them on a different layer and shut the eye down just leaving the one layer but keeping your options open if you chose to change your mind.  You can then just work on the single line outlines.  Also if you intend doing changes to the outlines I would also put a copy on another page so that I can retrieve it when I go awol.  Saves a lot of time re-tracing and starting from scratch!!  You can click on the name bit at the top and click duplicate page that way everything is available to you.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • SandyMcCSandyMcC Member Posts: 6,936
    On some designs, using Thin Paths will work.  But on most, you end up with jagged lines.  Still, you can try it. 

http://vimeo.com/31912018

Sandy McCauley
    Cutting with KNK Force, Maxx Air, Zing Air
    Need help with your KNK? Visit this link: http://knkusa.com/contact/
    KNK / MTC Videos: http://bit.ly/1kmAcoO
    Latest KNK / MTC User Manuals: http://www.iloveknk.com/Support/user-manuals/
    Thanks everyone for your help.