We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Change Font

Hi  I am just using the demo version to check the extra functionality over Silhouette Studio.

I can''t see how to change the font on text I have already added ?  Is that possible ?

Thanks

Roy

Comments

• GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,319
    @RoyT, MTC does not allow you to change the font once it has been placed on the virtual mat.  The reason is that once it is on the mat it is converted into vector shapes.  Once the text has been vectorized, the only way to change it is to delete what is on the mat and replace it with a new copy in the font that you prefer.
  • RoyTRoyT Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Gabe.
    Does that also apply to adjust character spacing ?  when setting text to path surely you need to adjust character spacing.
    Is stretching the only way to set text size .. is there not a Font Size option ?
    Roy
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,307
    edited February 22
    Select the text and split so they are separate glyphs  if you had joined them together, and then with the control key pressed down use the arrows of the bounding box to move the spacing apart without changing the size of the individual glyphs. You can also change the size either with the bounding box arrows or putting a number next to the h or w in the toolbar.
  • Little_BerryLittle_Berry Member Posts: 5,758
    You can adjust the spacing as well as size. Check out the Zing Manual MTC is given exclusive instructions after chapter 3
  • RoyTRoyT Member Posts: 4
    Thank you. It's difficult using new software for every day tasks you're used to in other software
    I am basically trying the demo for warping text with the conical option. To make stencils for etching glasses. Silhouette doesn't do that.
  • GabeGabe Moderator Posts: 4,319
    @RoyT, you can set the size and font of text when you first type it.  Once you ok what you've typed, MTC will vectorize it and after that you can't change the font, but you can make adjustments to size and spacing as Leslie noted.  If you continue with MTC you will learn to try out different fonts and sizes on the mat before you actually say, "Yes, that's what I want."  Of course, that means you'll pick a font, type in some text and if you don't like it, you'll have to delete it and try another font.

As Little Berry said, if you don't have a copy of the MTC manual, you should definitely grab that.  The manual includes 3 or 4 short chapters about the Zing cutter, but all the rest of it is a step by step guide to everything about MTC.  And it includes videos too.  You can get a copy from the author's website:  http://www.iloveknk.com/support/user-manuals/zing-user-manuals/

I suggest downloading the PDF version.  Just right click on the link and pick save.

As far as conical warp goes, it is designed to work with tapered shapes.  Many people unfamiliar with it, expect that it will allow them to create stencils to fit on rounded or more curved shapes, but that isn't what it does.  Read all about it in the manual.

And, MTC can import a wide variety of file types, so it may be possible for you to do your "every day tasks" in software you are more familiar with and then save the file in a format that MTC can import for further enhancement.