We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Make the cut using the knife cutting point.

Make the cut using the knife cutting why does the image not cut in the same direction as shown on screen.

Answers

• Di-liteDi-lite Member Posts: 2,891
    I'm thinking the gurus will need more information - what cutter are you using, PC or Mac etc.
    Have fun, Di, ID 14610
    UK, Cameo, Serif Draw, Win10.
    Link to My Craft Bazaar | Link to Skool | Force Bazaar - Archimedes
    Feel free to use anything in these links.
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,374
    edited February 19
    I wondering it you have you mat set to landscape but are position the material you cutting in portrait or vice versa

The ZIng user manual explains this on page 31 in the PDF version
    KNK Zing and Zing Air User Manual Chapters 1, 2, 9 and 10 are specific to the KNK Zing and Zing Air. Chapters 3 – 8 are Make The Cut only and will be useful to all owners of Make The Cut software. iloveknk.com/support/user-manuals/zing-user-manuals/
    if you have another KNK machine there are user manuals the cover them as well you can drill down from this page http://www.iloveknk.com/support/

If that's not the issue your having
    I think we may need to know what machine your cutting with as the cut setup screens can differ for each cutter
    and a bit more explanation on what is happening

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • RepunzelRepunzel Member Posts: 2
    I am a mac user and I have the ink zing. 

• Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,374
    edited February 19
    Ok i have a zing but use windows
    Not sure if I understand what your explaining

as an example do you mean your screen looks like this

but the machine cuts this

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • leslie6111leslie6111 Member Posts: 2,213
    edited February 20
    It doesn't matter if you are a pc or mac user - the setup for the virtual mat is the same. The virtual mat will default to landscape if you never changed it from when you first  set up MTC and will thus cut like Crazy Mr Zing's example above. You set your blade point to the bottom right of where you want to start your cut (and it will start cutting corresponding to the size of the bounding box of the shape you are cutting.

There is an arrow on the virtual mat and if it is going to the left then you are still in landscape, but if it is going up on top, then you have changed it to cut in portrait. To print, you will have to change your printer's orientation at the print properties window and it doesn't have to be the same as how you cut.  I am dimensionally challenged, so for years with my zing I have my printer set to portrait and my virtual mat set to landscape.