We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

Why is my seam allowance button greyed out ?

heburchheburch Member Posts: 2
HEllo,
I am new to the brother scan n cut. I bought a cm300 last week and wonder if anyone can help me. I have cut some letters and want to make some mats and layers for them. I can just cut bigger or small ones because the insides will be out of line so I read that you can add a seam allowance so I thought this would work but when i opened the cutting file on my screen then went to seam allowance the button is greyed out and I dont know why ?
Please help

Comments

• Liz_ALiz_A Member Posts: 9,459
    @heburch - welcome to the Make The Cut! forum, where we support the software Make The Cut! and its supported cutters. Unfortunately, MTC does not support the Brother cutters. The only way to work with MTC and your cutter would be to create in MTC and then export to an SVG to upload in the Brother SNC software. Since this question is totally related to the Brother SNC software, you are likely better to ask this question on a forum specific to the cutter. Otherwise you may wait a while before someone who has the cutter and uses the software comes along with a possible answer.
  • MhronMhron Member Posts: 1
    Sadly, heburch, I had the very same question about the Scan n Cut.  :/
  • SarahbellumSarahbellum Member Posts: 386
    Hi there!  There are some great help groups on Facebook for the Scan n Cut.  You may get your question answered there more than you would here.