We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

new to cougar blackcat

marillionfanmarillionfan Member Posts: 1
hello I'm mandy and I'm new to using a cougar blackcat cutting machine :) ..... I purchased it second hand off ebay just before Christmas .... I'm used to using a silhouette cameo .... any help will be greatfully received .... thank you in advance

Answers

• MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 9,009
    Welcome to the Make the Cut! (MTC) software support forum.   Couple of notes, you can use MTC or Sure Cuts Alot (SCAL) software where that cutter as well as other options.  The license to both MTC and SCAL are not transferable from one user to the other so have you purchased MTC or another program to use with your cutter?  Knowing that will help us to better help you either with MTC or pointing you to where you would get the best help with the cutter and your program if not MTC.

Second, if you bought your cutter used off of eBay - you might want to see if you can contact the seller and find out where and when they originally bought their machine.  If they bought it from an authorized dealer, they can transfer their ownership to you with the dealer and you can access information from the dealer's site.  Note however that the Black Cat Cougars were replaced several years ago with the Silver Bullet machines.

If you are using MTC, you can start by searching here on the forum for information that may have already been addressed and provide you with some helpful information to get you started.  Once you let us know further, we can provide some further information as  I noted.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)
This discussion has been closed.