We are running a sale on Popup Card Studio. Save 28% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order now!

We are also running a sale if you purchase both Make The Cut! and Popup Card Studio. Save 38% right now during this very limited time sale. Click here to order!

How to open LD files on MTC

I am very new to LD and MTC. I have bought some Lettering Delights SV and CS products well saved in my pc, I can open and view them from my pc without any problem. When I try to import the SVG files into MTC, it says "no items match your search", I can't find the files at all. I have failed to look for an answer to my questions in this forum, PLEASE HELP! 

Best Answer

Answers

• CarrieCarrie Member Posts: 1,166
     Clicking the art button in the tool bar,doesn't help?
    image+++MTC fan since December 2009+++~~~Own a Silhouette Cameo~~~ ****MTC is the best PROGRAM Ever!!!**** 1-22-14 Bought PCS! ****A fan of Andy the Amazing Designer, and Ann helping him to get started****
  • SBryanWSBryanW Administrator Posts: 5,263
    Carrie said:
    Clicking the art button in the tool bar,doesn't help?
    Ever since Lettering Delights changed their website, the convenience of getting to your Lettering Delights cut files from within Make The Cut! using the LD ART tab has been broken. You still should be able to download any of your purchased files directly from the Lettering Delights website.
  • raelo88raelo88 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your responses. I have downloaded my purchased files directly from the Lettering Delights website, I can view the files outside MTC. But when I tried to import the files into MTC, it says "no items match my search", which means no SVG files were found. I understand the direct link of LD files from within MTC is broken, now how do I get the 'outside' LD files into MTC? 
  • Crazy_Mr_ZingCrazy_Mr_Zing Member Posts: 2,544
    edited February 12
    When you tried to import the svg file did you use the svg import function
    File > Import > SVG/SVGZ File 

Section 4 in the user manual has instructions on importing and exporting different file types

http://www.iloveknk.com/0um/KNKZing/KNKZingwithMTCUserManual.pdf

I Use Zing Air, Make The Cut - Pop Card Studio, WinXP- Win7 -Win10
    Paper Modellers I Revere Marc Hagan-Guirey ----- Yoshinobu Miyamoto ----- Peter Dahmen
    Gallery ID #26944 ----- Link to My Cloud Have a Look your Welcome to Make Use of the Files
  • raelo88raelo88 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for all your help, I managed to solve the problem, you guys are great!!
  • MeFlickMeFlick Member Posts: 8,955
    raelo88 said:
    Thank you for all your help, I managed to solve the problem, you guys are great!!
    If you could share how you "managed to solve the problem" - it may help the next person who has a similar issue/problem and searches for help here on the forum.
    Go Vols!
    Cutting with 18" Silver Bullet and a KNK Force (the rest are collecting dust!)